cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Make Budget Mandatory for Projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Can someone tell me how I can Make budget mandatory for Projects.

Thanks and Regards,

Mercy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think putting, budget profile with availability control and tolerance limits will do.

Wait for experts reply though.

Regards!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mercy

Use "User Status" to control this.

You can create user status profile in OK02 . You can create user status like, for example NBUD (not budgeted) & BUDG (Budgeted). Then select the object type as WBS Element . Here you configure such that, intial status can be NBUD. Once you create project in CJ20N, initial user status would be NBUD. Unless budget is allocated for your project in CJ30, don't set user BUDG in CJ20N. And unless you set the user status NBUD, user can't release the project (this you have configured in OK02 )

Good luck

BR

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks For your reply Amaresh Makal.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Harsh and Amaresh

Thanks for contributing

Virendra on behalf of Mercy

By the way Harsh - what you have written will allow budgeting but just that will not make it mandatory

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Kindly let me know where to assign after creating status profile with tcode OK02.

OPSA or OPSC

I am looking for this requirement for almost a year. Thanks to Amaresh.

Please let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ediga,

In OPSA you need to assign after creating status profile.

Thanks

Sourav

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srihari,

If you have created user status profile for WBS element, then you assign it in OPSA.

On the other hand if you have created it for Network, then you should assign it in OPSC.

What is your requirement? If your requirement is met by what I have explained in my last reply, then you should assign that to OPSA.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for clarity on OPSA & OPSC.

My requirement is mandatory for budget Assignment & Budget Release before Project is released ie., status from CRTD to REL.

Project is not to be released without budget assignment & release (cj30 & cj32). We release project through cj02 always, we dont use cj20n.

I have created 2 user status profiles in OK02 as

1. PS000008 - Project-NBUD(not budgeted)

2. PS000009 - WBS-NBUD(not budgeted)

1. PS000008 - Object type  is Project Definition is ticked

2. PS000009:Object type  is Project Definition is ticked

Assigned at OPSA

but still i am not successful, request kindly help where i am going wrong.

please help in providing solution.

thanks

Srihari

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srihari,

You should select Budgeting and Released in BUDG Status and set as allowed and in Budgeting Should be ticked for Set. Please check below Screenshot

Thanks

Sunil

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srihari,

Your configuration is wrong. It'll still allow to create commitments without budget.

Read following steps carefully:

1. In NBUD: You should forbid release. So select the option "Forbidd." (You have wrongly set it as "Warning")
  2. In BUDG: Select the option "Allowed"

It'll work. Even if you do not understand after this explanation, you seriously need to hire a consultant.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

after applying changes as suggested by Amaresh & Sunil, still i am not successful.

I am able to release the project with tcode CJ02 without budget assignment & budget release cj32.

also i confirm to amaresh, that i have taken business transactions

1. In NBUD: You should forbid release. So select the option "Forbidd." (You have wrongly set it as "Warning")

Budgeting

Release

1. In BUDG: Select the option "Allowed"

Budgeting

Release

please help

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am testing for newly created projects, not interested old/existing projects.

I am working as consultant for ps for my company for last 5 years. this requirement has come from our business recently, hence i am trying now after seeing thread.

during implementation time (Aug 2006), hire ps consultant could not do user status profile.

Thanks/srihari

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srihari,

have you assigned your user status profile to project profile?

If you have assigned it to project profile, then which transaction you use to release your project, system will prohibit it, unless it is budgeted.

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have assigned user status profile to project profile -OPSA.

we are using cj02 for release of Project.

also note that we use std project def & std network while creating project through CJ01.

i am not successfully restricting Release of PRoject thru cj02 (project definition or WBS elements) edit>status>release.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srihari,

Please check below screens

Two Status as NBUD and BUD

For NBUD Status

For BUD Status

Now hope you understand

Thanks

Sunil

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

for NBUD, pl tell what is business transaction (transaction control) to maintain with what parameter, if possible, pl give screen shot.

thanks/srihari

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srihari,

Please check

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks to sunil & amaresh, finally i am successful in getting the requirement.

I found out actual reason, why i am not successful, is that i am using Std project Def template, where I have not modified the user status (cj92).

After modifying the same, i am successful in implementing the user status profile ; budget mandatory before Project Release.

Thank to all

Srihari

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good to know that, you got it resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

Please note that User status is not applicable for Standard PDs and this as per Std SAP. For Standard PDs, you can only set system status Created (CRES) or REL only.

Regards,

Sudhakar

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi sudhakar,

Yes, you are absolutely right that user status is not applicable for standard PDs, but in our business requirement, we use the Std Project Def templates while creating project thru CJ01, I have changed status profile in cj92 (std pds), then i am successful in testing in achieving Budget mandatory for project.

Our requirement is budget mandatory before project release ie., CRTD to REL. our users creating project and Project manager release the Project without checking the budget assignment & release, and projects released without budget.

My requirement is achieved by implementing the use status profile inputs from amaresh & sunil. I am grateful to them. Thanks once again.

Thanks/srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

Hope I am not confused here . You said that you have changed the status profile for std templates in CJ92. you mean to say that as it was not maintained earlier and hence you updated the status profile in CJ92 OR you have set up a new profile and changed from "old to new". Am I right?.

Usually maintain on status profile and you can encompass as many as user statuses under one status profile which was assigned with project profiles and default.

Any have to good to know that you could accomplis your requirement!!!.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Message was edited by: Sudhakar Pappu

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Yes, i have said i have changed (old to new) the status profile in cj92 for std pd, then only i was successful, as i have already told that I am using Std PD templates for all my projects creation thru CJ01.

my new status profile

1. I have changed status profile at OPSA

2. also i have to change at cj92,

I was not successful in my testing, till i change status profile at cj92.

Hope it is now clear,  we will close this thread.

Once again thanks to Sunil and Amaresh.