Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is better option to trigger data to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Happy new Year to all of you.

here I have one query, How we decide at the ERP side, whether we have to use IDOC, RFC and Proxy to trigger the Datafor the XI Interface. I know for the XI Performabce wise proxy is better option.

Please give more inputs of yours on this.

Many Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> here I have one query, How we decide at the ERP side, whether we have to use IDOC, RFC and Proxy to trigger the Datafor the XI Interface. I know for the XI Performabce wise proxy is better option.

>

Suppose if you develope scenario between IDoc->PI> in this case you need to import IDoc from SAP System in to PI,when you triegegr IDoc in ERP/ECC the day will reacches PI System.

If you develop RFC>PI-> IN THIS CASE THE PROCEDURE ALSO SAME,like import RFC in to PI,trigger RFC in ERP system...

When you go for Prosy,you need to specify the logic in ABAP Proxy class which program,and interface going to use.

we can say Proxy performce better,but it depends on volume of Data.

Regards,

Raj

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for help

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Just keep it simple:

if all the feilds are present in the standard Idoc then use it.

if you have to customize Idoc to include few feilds then dont customize it rather go for proxy.

Instead of sending data through the RFC directly, call that RFC in proxy and send the data throgh proxy it will increase the perfortmance.

Thanks,

Sunil Singh

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arya,

>whether we have to use IDOC, RFC and Proxy to trigger the Datafor the XI Interface.

If Standard IDOC available go for it, Similarly Standard BAPI available,If the call is Sync with less message, go for BAPI, Huge message,No need any Adapter, For instant message transfer go for Proxy

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

addition to the above...if it is a new development and there are no standards available like idoc,RFC,BAPI and the volume of the data will be huge..then you can go for the proxy development option...

if it is a standard one like generation of Sale order or Invoice for e.g. then go for the idoc implementation of the same...

idea here is check if there are any standard function available for your requirements if not start of thinking for the options..and also the volume of the data and the frequency of the transfer...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is very subjective issue, it depends on your requirement how ever if standard idoc is available give it first preference, but if you want to put some control process sequence use proxy....

there is a very nice blog for this --/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/08/14/choose-the-right-adapter-to-integrate-with-sap-systems