cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log area is full

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAPDB Gurus,

Our quality box live cache log area has become full and when I try to run a log backup I get below message.

-24755,ERR_SESSIONLIMIT: No session of type 'User' available

-24994,ERR_RTE: Runtime environment error

2,utility session is already in use

I had increased the MAXUSERTASKS parameter dynamically , again I am unable to take log backup.

I tried shutting down the live cache, but this is also not stopping.

can somebody help me here ?, as currently my quality APO box down because of this.

My APO version is SCM5.0, LIVE cache 7.6.04 and OS is windows server 2003.

Thanks,

Chetan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi SAPDB Gurus,

>

> Our quality box live cache log area has become full and when I try to run a log backup I get below message.

>

> -24755,ERR_SESSIONLIMIT: No session of type 'User' available

> -24994,ERR_RTE: Runtime environment error

> 2,utility session is already in use

Hmm... Did you start another backup before?

> I had increased the MAXUSERTASKS parameter dynamically , again I am unable to take log backup.

You may modify the parameter value for MAXUSERTASKS while the instance is up and running, but this would only become active with the next restart of the liveCache. This parameter is in fact not dynamically changeable.

Besides, since your UTILITY session is already in use, changing this parameter value does not do a thing about your problem.

There's always just one utility session possible, regardless of the MAXUSERTASKS value!

> I tried shutting down the live cache, but this is also not stopping.

Did you try db_stop ?

> can somebody help me here ?, as currently my quality APO box down because of this.

>

> My APO version is SCM5.0, LIVE cache 7.6.04 and OS is windows server 2003.

Well, you have to perform a log backup to resolve this issue.

For that you have to have performed a complete data backup before.

Alternatively you may switch the logmode to OVERWRITE if this liveCache instance does not need to be recovered at all.

regards,

Lars