Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS Data Transfer Problem

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am refreshing my development system from quality system (quality system is copy of production system) for initially testing the TDMS functionality. During Phase Start Programs for Generation and Receiver Settings, it is executing background job in control system which in turns running some jobs in sender system for sequential read of tables via RFC. The program which is running in sender system via RFC is running in dialog work process as a result time out occurs because of maximum work process run time. I changed work process run time to 7200 sec but still some programs are getting canceled because of time out as a result it is not able to read some tables and showing error.

My question is :

Is there any way that programs which are running in sender system via RFC can be changed to run in background so that time out will not occur ?

Thanks

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Error resolved as Phase gets completed after running 3 days.

Thanks

Sunny

suman_pr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

To avoid this error , you can set the size category of the tables which are failing to A, which means large tables so that automatically background processes will get scheduled for them in the Sender System. This can be done in the view V_CNVMBTCOBJ.

Also note that you will have to run the troubleshooter to force redefinition for the changes to get reflected.

Regards,

Suman

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Thanks for the answer. My this problem is resolved as I have changed user type which TDMS is using for communication between sender and receiver system from Communication to System. Now, it is running job in background.

But the other problem which I am facing now is: In phase Start Programs for Generation and Receiver Settings: It is generating delete programs for tables. But my problem is when it is going to some tables whose size is around 1 GB or so . It is taking too much time. From last 2 jobs it is running on a single table as it is reading each line.

I checked different notes to check how to speed up this. But did not get any specific resolution. Could you please suggest if you ever faced this problem ?

Thanks

Sunny

rkresha
Participant
0 Kudos

Suman,

Thank you for mentioning the troubleshooter portion. I found the SAP #1087374 which talks about V_CNVMBTCOBJ and adjusting the conversion object to "Size Cat" of 'A', however I made the change the the system was still running it in dialog mode.

I ran across your message and did the following (make sure to manually set "Size Cat" back to <blank> in the View first) to get the system to reflect the updated parameters (as you had mentioned).

1) Execute T-Code CNV_MBT_TDMS on the Central System

2) Drill down to the package having the issue. -> Double-click the package

3) Click the "Troubleshooting" button at the top of the screen

4) Scroll down to item "Start Data Selection" -> Change Technical Settings of Conversion Objects

5) Select "Define Technical Settings" and click the "Execute Activity" button at the top of the screen

6) Enter the package number -> Execute

7) Click the position button at the bottom of the screen and type in the Conversion Object (like what you would have done if you would have gone manually into the view)

😎 Select the row in question and click the "Change Technical Settings" button

9) Under the "Size Category" section of the pop-up select "Large (will run as a batch job in the sender system) -> Green Check

10) Click the Save button

11) Click the "Activate settings" button at the top of the screen.

12) Re-run the package that is dumping in the sender system with the "Time-out" error, it should run as a background process now

Thanks,

Rob