cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop Down List not getting populated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have developed a form in SFP which containes a drop down list.The drop down list is to be populated by an internal table field.

Whenever I am executing the form i can see only the first item in the drop down listand nothing else.

While debugging i could see the almost 15 entries in the internal table.

I have mapped a field of this internal table to the drop down list.I am unable to figure out the problem....do let me know which type of drop down list should i use for this scenario....I even tried with java script...but nothing works for me...do let me know??

Waiting for t

Regards,

Geet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved it myself.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Post the solution as well for benefit of all.

Chintan

NoJo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

do the binding of your internal table data to the list elements of the dropdown field! if it's not possible be aware of having activated dynamic data binding (--> extras, options, data binding, dynamic)

br

norbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norbert,

As mentioned in the previous post I have already bound the internal table field to the drop down list.

dynamic data binding (--> extras, options, data binding, dynamic) --- coudnt find it

Can please tell where is the extras tab.

Regards,

Geet Bijlani

NoJo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

i guess you have bound the field but not the list elements of the field.

the content of the field (as result of the selection from the drop down list box) can be bound to a variable.

But if you want to display your internal table as entries in your drop down list box you have to do some dynamic data binding of the list elements.

to be able to do this, you first have to activate dynamic data binding in general. Use the way i proposed (--> extras from the toolbar!, options, data binding, dynamic). then the word "list elements" in the object palette of your dropdown list box will be green and you will be able to do some dynami data binding!

i recommend you this one:

--> http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/articles/strategies_creating_forms_lc_designer8/strategies_for...

br

norbert