cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM for modifying address

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have to update the address details based on the address number.Am looking for a FM/BAPI to do this.

Thanks,

Chirantan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL must be avoided as well as any kind of BAPI that deals with customer master data maintenance.

BAPI_BUPA_ADDRESS_CHANGE is for business partner. It has nothing in relation with customer master data.

If you really plan to update the customer address directly then ADDR_COMM_MAINTAIN could be a candidate but is very specific. BAPI_ADDRESSORG_CHANGE would be more general.

But in all cases, you need to re-synchronise the master data table like KNA1 afterwards.

For this you may trigger a call transaction XD02 in batchinput, ensuring that ZAV_FLAG is checked in the initial screen and simply save after 'displaying' the first address screen.

Other valid alternatives exists like triggering a call to class CMD_EI_API with one of the maintain methods. This is valid as of ECC 2005.

Otherwise any kind of batchinput ways like described in [note 384462|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/384462] and

[note 306275|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/306275].

Hope this helped

BR

Alain

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alain,

BAPI_BUPA_ADDRESS_CHANGE is for business partner. This is correct. And a customer is a business partner. In the good old R/2 days, SAP has separate master data maintenance for customers and vendors and customers that could appear as vendors and vendors that could be customers.

Then they invented the business partner. A business partner can be assigned to one or more roles, as i.e. customer or vendor. SAP had lots of trouble to integrate the business partner into the ongoing old world. But if your system works properly and you have the correct BP ID. You don't have to worry, if you change the central business partner, it will update all dependent objects. Also, a customer master update will update all relevant business partner objects.

A retail plant master can be, for example, customer, plant, and vendor at the same time; all three objects point to the same

address.

It depends on what kind of system you are working with, but I'm kind of convinced that the business partner logic will apply.

Regards,

Clemens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification.

Just to point the tables in relation. Short form. Maybe not all sdn participant have the overview

customer = KNA1 + ADRC

vendor = LFA1+ADRC

Plant T001 + ADRC

Site T001W+ADRC

Business partner = BUT000 + BUT020 + ADRC.

Possible linkage of BP to customer. Yes this is done via BD001 in the good old time and now CVI_CUST_LINK.

At max and since ERP 4.5B (not before), customer address number = vendor adress number = site (plant) number

This has no relation at all with the business partner.

Business partner address = ... Business partner address. Nothing is shared.

A fairly long time ago, the BP was used to maintain a consumer. Which was a very specific customer (customer+1CP).

I guess you have checked this before writing. So please confirm that without a link properly setup between BP and customer master your proposal could work.

From what I see in this FM. Exclusively the address of a BP will be touched. In no 'line', I see nothing that could relate to a customer address and more over the synchronisation with the master data itself.

As a result, I see only ONE chance to get the customer address properly touched and synced with the master data.

Then guess what... this would mean that syncrhonisation of BP to customer is enabled and customized. As a result (in ERP2005+), this means CMD_EI_API is triggered from the BP maintenance.

In other words, thanks for this last clarification. As it points out that you are used to use the BP with synchronisation to customer and vendor. This is a very good habit. It would be very nice and good that most SAP customers works in ERP direclty from the BP. There are lots of benefits. Unfortunately this is not the current reality.

BR

Alain

Sarang_Akhare
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing with a similar problem. Here it goes.

I have a custom report which updates the BP address when prerequisite conditions are satisfied. For changing the BP address here I am using BAPI_BUPA_ADDRESS_CHANGE. Now the problem here is through this BAPI the BP address gets updated successfully but the linked customer address doesnot gets changed. As per my requirement, If the BP address is changed then the corresponding customer address must also get changed accordingly. But this is not happening.

Now when the BP address is changed manually through Transaction FPP2 the corresponding customer address gets changed automatically. I need to simulate the similar thing in my program as well.

Please let me know what needs to be done in this case. Is there any Fm which I need to call in my code after BAPI_BUPA_ADDRESS_CHANGE or is there any customization setting needs to be done in the system so as to establish the link between the BP and the corresponding customer.

Any help in this is appreciated.

Waiting for your replies.

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For customer address use this FM

SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL

Regards

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi chirantan,

the best option is to maintain the address together with the object where it is kept, i.e. BAPI_BUPA_ADDRESS_CHANGE for changing the address of a business partner.

Regards,

Clemens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the function modules below which might help you

ADDR_COMM_MAINTAIN

also check the link

Let me know if you need anything further

Regards

Satish Boguda