cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Sourcing web services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question relating to E-Sourcing capability to publish and consume web services

a) Can we create and publish new web services on E-Sourcing system. Intention is to create and publish custom web services that would enable external applications to access the web services and fetch data from E-Sourcing system on a demand basis

b) Does E-Sourcing have the capability to consume web services published by external applications. Similar to the Contract Generation web service that is available as part of the E-Sourcing application.

Any pointers towards this would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Balaji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

As a followup to the comments you had provided earlier, here is a system propery definition.

system.webservices.enabled - Set the value to TRUE in case Web Services framework should be enabled for the enterprise.

Can you please check and let us know what is the significance of this property in the web services perspective?

Regards,

Balaji

0 Kudos

Tridip,

Itu2019s same look and feel as portal.

Balaji,

I believe this system property is used for internal use only. So, I wouldnu2019t recommend trying to leverage this.

Regards,

Vikram

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Vikram,

Thanks a lot for the update

Regards

Tridip

0 Kudos

Re: a) I believe itu2019s not possible to create and publish web service with E-Sourcing 5.1 and earlier versions. Supporting web service would require changes to the core E-Sourcing functionality and code.

Re: b) E-Sourcing can consume web services published by external applications. This could be done using the Integration APIu2019s available with E-Sourcing. You could use Axis or similar tools to build the stubs, develop the code, and deploy it as a custom jar. Once the custom jar is deployed, you could trigger it through E-Sourcing scheduled task or through a script.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vikram

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

This was a great reply, that too from a Mentor like you.

This is a grey area where customers ask a lot of questions around.

Please also update us if the SAP ES 7.0 version that would be released in future would be SOA enabled as I understand that it has a portal business content provided and also the look and feel would be modeled with iViews instead of the asp pages.

Is our understanding correct?

Regards

Tridip

0 Kudos

Hi Tridip,

Re: web service support in ESO 7.0, you might want to reach out to SAP Solution Management who can provide information on product roadmap.

Re: UI Enhancements - ESO On-Demand wave 6 which is the latest release of ESO has a totally new UI. There are number of UI enhancements, including the same look and feel as other SAP solutions. ESO doesnu2019t use ASP. Itu2019s a java based application and uses XML, XSL, CSS, Javascript, Ajax for the UI.

Regards,

Vikram

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Thx a lot for the clarification.

The new UI of ESO Wave 6, is it portal business content or a Representation of the Java pages with a NetWeaver Portal iView feel, request clarification.

Regards

Tridip