cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allocation of customer orders to transporters (vendors)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need some help regarding transportation related process in ecc 6.

scenario details:

Lets say we have a Sales Order of 200KG. the process requirements are

*Two transporters will be assigned to take this shipment to the customer.

Thus, First transporter (T1) will be assigned 120KG and the remaining quantity will be assigned to 2nd transporter (T2).

Now, the First Transporter (T1) brings his 2 trucks to handle shipment of total quantity 120KG. This transporter will load 80KG on first truck (based on truck's capacity), and the remaining 40KG on the 2nd truck.

This process will be mapped in SAP as follow:

Sales Order: 200 KG

Delivery Order: 80KG, 40KG & 80KG

Shipment Document: 80KG, 40KG & 80KG

Now, can anyone guide me please where i can map that 120KG will be given to Transporter 1 and remainig 80KG will be given to transporter 2 in sap ecc???

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

we closed this issue by doing some abap for the detailing process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IMHO:

Because the transporter (vendor) is defined in the transport header, you will need to define 2 transports.

Because a delivery can only be assigned to a single transport, you will need two deliveries.

Only one sales order is needed of course.

Manually generate the 2 deliveries with the correct quantities from the sales order and then manually assign each delivery to the transport document.

This way you can track individually each real transport and you can integrate the solution with the purchasing of the transport service (MM-SRV integrated with LE-TR through transport costs).

Best Regards,

Franck

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do it with routes. So, for the route determination you have weights groups, you can define them with SM34 for VC_TVLG (check it in IMG/Logistic Execution/Transportation/Basis Trans.Functions/Routes/Route determination). So, with this data you can define different routes, and when you create the transport you can select by route.

I hope this helps you

Regards,

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Having different routes for each lane and Vendor might be a killer for complex supply chains. Imagine you have 200 routes, each having 5 possible forwarding agents. And every month you might have new Vendor created - this would require new configuration and transport move to production system for each individual Vendor..

Thus I'd rather simply go for partner functions which you can maintain at order item level - assumption is that each Vendor qty is split into corresponding items. If not, you can also use delivery partner function which can be then copied into shipment document.

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

So, you would modify the partner in delivery with a userexit. You can try to modify the values in XVBPA. Check SAP Note 415716 - User exits in delivery processing, but the most powerful is USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE (include MV50AFZ1). Set a break-point and check if you can modify XVBPA.

I hope this helps you

Regards,

Eduardo