cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New custom fields in Shopping cart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working in SRM 7.0 classic scenario. I have created some custom fields in Shopping cart.

I have added those fields in structure --- INCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF and INCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF_SC

Now I can see all the custome fields in table BBP_PDISC.

Now I want to write code to save these field values in table BBP_PDISC in shopping cart creation

Please suggest which BADI i have implement and give some sample code to implement the BADI.

Regards

Sush

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working in SRM 7.0 classic scenario. I have created some custom fields in Shopping cart.

I have added those fields in structure --- INCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF and INCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF_SC

Now I can see all the custome fields in table BBP_PDISC.

You need to make sure your custom fields exists in the following two DDIC objects, with the same set of field names:

1) table BBP_PDISC

2) (for SC item) BBP_PDS_SC_ITEM_ICU

With proper customization, there is no extra code needed to populate values to these custom fields.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Thanx for your reply.

All Z-fields exist in table structure BBP_PDISC and BBP_PDS_SC_ITEM_ICU.

But when creating Shpping cart no entry found in table BBP_PDISC

Regards

Sush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you create SC from scratch or through external system, e.g. Purchase Req from ERP?

Were you able to see those custom fields on SC item detail screen ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

I am creating shopping cart in SRM only.

and my Z-fields are appearing in shopping cart Item data screen.

Regards

Sush

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to reiterate -

1) You have enhanced the two DDIC objects and checked that the fields are in them through SE11

- BBP_PDS_SC_ITEM_ICU

- BBP_PDISC

2) You can see custom fields on the item detail screen of SC and they are editable when you are creating an SC

3) You can enter values to those fields for an item during creation and save the SC without problems

4) Checking this saved SC through transaction BBP_PD, you see "No Entries" for Table BBP_PDISC for the item

If you have an active implementation of BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI, disable it and test again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

I have deactivated all the BADIs.

I am sending you screen shots of Steps waht I have done for new field creation in your personal mail ID

please let let me know if i missed any step.

Regards

sush

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SRM 7.0, you need to configure the field control through SPRO. Just adding the field names to the structures is not enough. Here is the path for config.

SAP implementation guide-> Supplier Relationship Management-> SRM Server->Cross-Application Basic Settings->Extensions and Field Control(Personalization)->Configure Field Control

Then choose Configure Control for Fields on Item Level->Metadata for Fields on Item Level and add all the custom fields to the business object BUS2121.

Hope this helps

Krishna Muppavarapu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hellpo Sush,

How did you solve this issue?

I'm facing same problem after creating new custom fields.

Values from custom fields are not getting saved, though configuration is maintained.

Please help.

Regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh Tambe ,

In SRM 7.0 adding new field in shoppingcart

SPRO>SAP implementation guide-> Supplier Relationship Management-> SRM Server->Cross-Application Basic Settings->Extensions and Field Control(Personalization)->Configure Field Control>define customer filed on item level-->Append for Customer Fields on Shopping Cart Item and Append for Customer Cross-Document Item Database Fields

Then choose Configure Control for Fields on Item Level->Metadata for Fields on Item Level and add all the custom fields to the business object BUS2121.

after doing this config data will get save .

Thanks & Regards

Pradeep Kumar Dondeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please use BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI for shooping cart object and update these zfileds with the values.

The values that are stoed in these fileds will autaomatiaclly updated in the table BBP_PDISC and you can see it if you pass SC line item guid.

I am sure BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI will solve your issue.

Thanks

Snehal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sush,

Do mean the values of the custom field is not passing to BBP_PDISC table??

Did you try creating a SC adding values into the new custom field which you created already.

And checked BBP_PDISC table entires for the same SC line item guid??

regards,

neelima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, I have created a SC with values in new custome fields. But entries not coming in table BBP_PDISC

Regards

Sush