cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to config RAM of two instance sap on single server ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a server (HDD: 146 Gb, 18 Gb RAM, RHEL 5.4 64bit, Oracle 10g R2), I used as system DEV and I have two questions:

Question 1: I want to install two instance SAP (SAP ECC 6.0 and BI 7.0) on this same server. I want to spend 9 Gb RAM for each SAP instance. So I have to configure how (Oracle instance is how much each instance SAP) ?

Question 2: Sap Application generally takes much RAM for each instance

Question 3: I need to install the package to install the SAP instance on RHEL 5.4 64 bit?

Question 4: What j2sdk package for 64-bit REHL 5.4 64bit?

thank for your advice

Edited by: myfriend280985 on Dec 31, 2009 6:20 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. You can mention the intance RAM utilization at the time of installation.

2. Depends on the load on the server.

3. Question not clear.

4. IBM JDK 1.4.2_13 - Latest.

Cheers.......,

Raghu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the question 1: I want to share 9Gb RAM for each instance SAP. Your advice for how much RAM each SAP instance ? (for example : if 9Gb for each instance and how much for Oracle instance and for application ).

and the final question

In the Prod system, I have two servers and I want to install them as the distributed system. And i don't have any documentation for installation. Can you send me for documents

thanks

Edited by: myfriend280985 on Jan 2, 2010 6:00 PM

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instrallation of distributed systems is described in detail on the installation guide available at SAP Marketplace.

• Sending docs is not allowed

• Do some research before posting

• Read the "Rules of Engagement"

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raghu

thanks for your advice, i upgraded to HDD 300 for two instance SAP

and i have more question following:

Question 5 : when installing the two SAP instance on a server , the attention to what i can install them because I have not install the two instance on a server ever ? (follow me : I think, the first instance is installed to normal and the second instance is installed so or modify anything to install the second instance ? )

expect for comments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The only change would be your mount points for the second instance. i.e. the mount points which have <SID> in their caption.

Rest all like JDK and other things should be same for both the instances.

Cheers.....,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu!

Question 3: What the packages should be installed on RHEL 5.4 64bit before installing Sap Instance (particularly for oracle 10g 64bit)? (for example: gcc, systat, j2sdk ......etc)

Question 4: I know that j2sdk package but do not know a specific package can be set for RHEL 5.4 64bit? which version j2sdk for RHEL 5.4 64 bit? would you tell me link for download this package

thanks

Edited by: myfriend280985 on Jan 2, 2010 1:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to SAP Notes

1172419 - Linux Supported Java versions on the x86_64 platform

1048303 - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.xInstallation and upgrade

171356 SAP software on Linux: Essential information

There is enough info available for all your questions and prepare a plan, start the installation.

Best of Luck.

Cheers.....,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just saw one more thing i.e. HDD:146GB.

I feel this is way to less to install a single instance. How are you planning to install two instances ?

You can install one instance with minimum space for all mount points. I would recommend to have two to three times the space as mentioned in the installation guide.

Cheers.....,

Raghu