cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving inspection lots problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I'm archiving inspection lots of goods receipt, when I executed the preparation program, inspection lots with the following status were not affected by the program, status: LTIN STIC SPCO CLQM STUP.

I thought that may be the presence of long term inspection characteristic, is affecting the process, beside that there was status INSP which is inspection active, so I closed this characteristic, saved the UD and got this new

status: UD ICCO SPCO CLQM STUP. I waited till the residence period ends and executed the preparation program, but it is still not setting the status ARBL for the lots.

Does any body have a solution ?

Regards,

Mahmoud

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry I didn't get to look at this until now. It looks like you resolved the problem. Woud you share the solution with us?

I was thinking the problem might have been due to related objects not being closed or archived. Like batch records, deliveries, sales orders, purchase orders, existing inventory, etc..

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Well man I discovered that there was no problem, but it was freaky, when I wanted to archive for example inspection lot number 0001 ONLY it refused, when I put this lot with another lots (i.e: gave a range) it worked fine.

I have no explanation for this issue actually, but it is freaky as I said.

Regards

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That doesn't really surprise me. Whoever designed the coding for SAP probably never considered that someone would want to archive just one inspection lot. So they probably didn't test it for just one variable being passed. More then likely somewhere in their code they wind up with a starting (or ending value) but a null value for the other side of the range. It was probably never tested for hence not trapped for.

Kind of a bug but then again, not really.

Thanks for sharing the solution!!!!!

Craig