Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auth Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can we restrcit users with their own id's or user name for reports like MB24 and ME5A?

Also kindly check how can we restrict users for Specific Columns like Value in MB5B report.

MV

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For MB24 and ME5A you will need to change the code if you want to restrict on SY-UNAME. There are various techniques for this, you will need to speak to your development team. For MB24 you will need to pass SY-UNAME into the USNAM field in the selection screen. You will also want to check that you cannot undo this further on in the transaction.

ME5A - I suppose that you would have to do this with the requisitioner field & again check that this cannot be undone.

You also need to consider how you want to manage users who operate as SAP designed and can see all docs within their organisational remit.

In MB5B you can use an enhancement point to do an auth check on a custom object and hide the required columns

Hope this helps

Rgds

Bilu

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For MB24 and ME5A you will need to change the code if you want to restrict on SY-UNAME. There are various techniques for this, you will need to speak to your development team. For MB24 you will need to pass SY-UNAME into the USNAM field in the selection screen. You will also want to check that you cannot undo this further on in the transaction.

ME5A - I suppose that you would have to do this with the requisitioner field & again check that this cannot be undone.

You also need to consider how you want to manage users who operate as SAP designed and can see all docs within their organisational remit.

In MB5B you can use an enhancement point to do an auth check on a custom object and hide the required columns

Hope this helps

Rgds

Bilu

0 Kudos

Hi Bilu,

You forgot an important part of my answer to the SAPFans question: You can restrict anything if you have enough time and money.

Cheers

Al.

0 Kudos

A little snack before midnight...

You, your boss and 4 other user ID's will need new user ID's in the new year 2010.

The dishonest "gamers" are from Steria Consulting in Chennai, India.

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This question and answer were both copied of a Sapfans.com forum thread from december 17th.

Why? You cannot eat forum points and you're not really looking smart to me by doing this.