Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachment in WDABAP

SagarSontakke
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a requirement where user should able to attach any file in webdynpro abap. once he upload the file, he should able to see the attchment in WDABAP screen. I have tried methods of SOFM businss object for creating and displaying attachment but these are not working in WDABAP envirionment. But same thing works fine in ABAP gui. Is there any other method of creating and displayng attachment ( any ) on wdabap screen??

Regards,

Sagar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first convert the xstring received from file upload UIElement to binary format using function module 'SCMS_XSTRING_TO_BINARY'.

get the file name

call function module 'BDS_BUSINESSDOCUMENT_CREA_TAB' to create attachment in business document service.

use transactions SBDSV1, SBDSV2, SBDSV3 to maintain the business object name use for attachment storeage.

there are some blogs on SDN which has detailed information about using the F.M to create and read attachment.

Thanks

Vishal kapoor

phanir_mullapudi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use BDS. there are lots of built in classes & FMs related to this. You can save all kinds of attachments and then you can also display them for e.g by clicking on the document link & open them in a seperate Window from the WD application.

there is already existing documentation on sdn, so i am not posting any llinks. but we used BDS to store documents.

Pls letme know if you need any further help.

thanks,

Phani

SagarSontakke
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanx for reply. but how to display the same in WDABAP on user click.

Regards,

sagar

aaron_morden2
Contributor
0 Kudos

There are a few UI Elements that you can use to display files:

OfficeControl - Display Office FiIes

Image - Display Images

InteractiveForm - Display PDFs

I would think that would cover most of the file types being uploaded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

u can use FileUpload UI element to upload ur attachements .

refer the SAP online help :

http://help.sap.com/SAPHELP_NW70EHP1/helpdata/EN/b3/be7941601b1d09e10000000a155106/content.htm

regards,

amit