cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline form - wsdl - works only first time and not then onwards...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

It's a very strange problem that I am encountering. The set up:

1. Offline form scenario using Web Services. Form is developed using NWDS (via WD App) and not standalone LiveCycle.

2. Data connection created using WSDL URL with userid and password as query string params in URL and then normal operations proceed like designing layout, mapping web service params to field and all that.

3. Deploy WebDynrpo application. Execute the operation in the pdf which is generated and everything works perfect. Save the pdf locally.

4. After saving llocally, open pdf and execute web service, pop up asked for authentication and after authentication, results are obtained.

So far, it is ok. Now the problem. Lets say that I have closed the NWDS after performing the task. Now some changes needs to be done to the layout of the form. Open the NWDS, peform the changes in layout and deploy the app. This time when I execute the operation in pdf, I get this error - "Error attempting to read from 'url' ".

To get rid of this problem, I have to delete all my exsiting data connections, form layout completely and start afresh from step no.2 as described above.

This is really a pain when my actual form design will have about 100 fields and at a later stage if any change needs to be peformed, then doing the same whole thing again....!!!

No problem related to authentication / network / landscape.

Please let me know where I am going wrong and how to get rid of this problem in a simpler way...

Thanks

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In second step you only need to provide path to the WSDL, user authentication parameters are not required.

Also where are you reading your WSDL from, is it from some server URL? Store the WSDL on your desktop and then create a data connection in Adobe and see if the problem occurs.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan

Thanks for your reply. The user authentication in URL is required while loading the data connection in Adobe Form as it is a authenticated web service.

I also saved the wsdl on my pc and then followed the steps. However the problem still remained.

However, now I have tried another way and it solved my problem. In step no.3, instead of executing the operations in the pdf after deploying the WD App, download the pdf locally and then perform the operations. In this way, let it be any modifications any number of times, everything works ok..

Thanks

Deepak