cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer settings for cheque printing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created one cheque leaf in smartform and am trying to print it, the data is getting trunketed.

My laptop has been configured to HP Laser Jet 3052 series printer.

And if I take the cheque printout in A4size then it is coming absolute, but when I put a cheque leaf of width 20.30CM and height

9.80 cm in the printer and give it for print then its of no point ,I mean its completely getting trunketed.

So please tell me do I or a Basis guy have to do any settings in SPAD or something?

If so then guide me what are all the settings to be done to get the cheque printed on the cheque leaf?

Thx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the 'Page format' (Form Attributes section) specified in Smartform?

You have to select the right page format, which should match with the Paper size on which you are planning to print cheques.

If page format with required dimension is not there, then you (or someone else probably basis consultant) have to create custom page format and assign that to device type of the printer(s) . This will also involve putting printer specific code to set correct page size on printer. All this will be done using SPAD transaction.

While testing the cheque printing check it on the printer on which cheques will be printed in Live system.

Edited by: Pawan Kesari on Dec 31, 2009 4:27 PM

Abhijit74
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I have fond on a OSS notes regarding the check printing.

Check whether in your printer MICR fonts are available or not? Furthermore, a certain device type in SAP adapted for MICR must be specified for selecting the output device in Transaction SPAD.

Important note:

It is necessary to purchase either a printer with installed MICR fonts, MICR toner and a MICR toner sensor or to add the additional hardware (MICR DIMM/SIMM module, MICR toner and MICR toner sensor) to an existing printer before printing MICR documents. Installing hardware into a printer should always be carried out under the guidance of the manufacturer of the MICR add-on hardware.

SAPscript/Smart Forms supports this MICR solution which is based on Hewlett-Packard laser printers.

hp LaserJet 1200

hp LaserJet 2100

hp LaserJet 2200

hp LaserJet 2300

hp LaserJet 2410/2420/2430

hp LaserJet P3005

hp LaserJet 3200

hp LaserJet 3300

hp LaserJet 3310

hp LAserJet 3320

hp LaserJet 3330

hp LaserJet 4000

hp LaserJet 4050

hp LaserJet 4100

hp LaserJet 4100mfp

hp LaserJet 4101mfp

hp LaserJet 4200

hp LaserJet 4240

hp LaserJet 4250

hp LaserJet 4300

hp LaserJet 4350

hp LaserJet 4345mfp

hp LaserJet 5100 hp LaserJet 5500

hp LaserJet 8000

hp LaserJet 8100

hp LaserJet Mopier 320

hp LaserJet 8150

hp LaserJet 9000

hp LaserJet 9000mfp

hp LaserJet 9040

hp LaserJet 9050

Note:

Some older HP LaserJet printers are also supported, please contact Bluemega directly for information.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhijit Mandal