cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to PI 7.1 EHP1 from PI7.0 - Stability of the Product

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are currently working on PI7.0 from last two year and it is working quite fine. We are now in the process of upgrading it to PI7.1 EHP1 SP3/4. We want to upgrade it mainly for using PI's SOA and advance adapter engine functionality.

We would like to know whether PI7.1 EHP1 is stable and whether it is fine to go ahead with this now. We are planning for Production upgrade in next month.

Please comments and would like to have all inputs related to upgrade.

with regards,

Ravi Siddam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I worked on 7.0,7.1 and now on 7.1 EHP1,stability point of view there is no doubt PI7.0 is solid.

I experienced the same with P.1 and 7.1EHP1 too.so you can upgrade to PI7.1 EHP1.

But if you want to implement new features like Adavced Adapter Engine ,there are some limitaions think before to implementing the same.

to improve performace better to go for message packaging it significantly improve the performace,i expericed the same.

implementing SOA Concepts and reusing the same,you need to put lot off effort to analyse the existing servieces,but it will be really helpfull.

Cheers,

Raj

shivhare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja ,

i also need your valuable suggestion suppose we don't want to go for Pi7.1 and we want upgrade existing PI SP to SP 20 so can we archive any functionality of PI7.1 in SP 20

Regards,

Amit

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amith,

If you are upgrading sp,you wont get all feactures in PI7.1,but you cam implement message packaging from SP13 onwards its supporting.

reminaing features like Modeling,implementing RFS,JDBC Lookups graphically.....not possible.

Regards,

Raj