cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependent Specifications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have 100 semifinished materials for which characteristics to be inspected are same. Can i use dependent specification functionality so that i will prepare inspection plan for one material & instead of preparing plan for each material, i will assign remaining 99 materials to this group counter. Is it the right way to go. If i go in this way whether it will affect me in other transactions such as information system transactions for same material or so. pls. suggest.

Regards

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amith

You are correct. but you have used the wrong word. It is not dependent specification , it is material assignement

You can create one inspection plan and assign all the materials against this group counter in material assignment tab which will be available in the header of the inspection plan

There is will be no issues in the analytical part

Regards

Gajesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Gajesh & sujit for your replies.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As your char are same for all the material,what you can do is create task list for one material & assign all other material in "material assignment" in task list header.

dependent specification is actually used when you are having the multiple specs.

Better to use material assignment & assign material ,plant along with same group counter.

This will work

Regards

Sujit