cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revenue Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts

How to create element wise revenue planning? I am trying transaction CJ42 and detailed planning, but getting error messages saying ""Write plan line items--- is not allowed " and "Cost element XYZ is not supported in revenue planning"

Please suggest me proper way of performing this

Thanks & Regards

Shailesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

Shailesh is trying to perform Revenue Planning and for that CJ42 is the only T-code.

but Shailesh, do you want revenue planning as per wbs elements or cost elements?

Why do you need to write the plan values?

You can directly enter the Planned Revenue figures against the wbs elements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

We have only one WBS element (level 0) on which we want to perform revenue planning. We need to store 2 types of revenue values on this WBS. Is revenue element wise planning a right solution for this? How can we achieve this, please suggest.

Thanks

Regards

Shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can save multiple values of Revenues for the same wbs element.

Make use of PLAN VERSIONS for this.

while reporting, you can compare the values stored in 2 versions. also Revenue planned v/s actual etc.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try transaction CJR8.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried CJR8 and did planning on revenue elements.

I am explaining this with example.

I did cost planning on cost elements (CJR2) e.g. 1000 EUR and I did revenue planning using CJR8 e.g. 1200 EUR.

Now when I run any standard PS information system report, I am getting planned cost as -200 EUR. i.e. the value planned using CJR8 is substracted from value planned from CJR2. I would like to see the revenue under the revenue columns of these reports.

Any suggestions

Thanks & Regards

Shailesh

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shailesh, use Revenue element of category 11. I think your revenue element has category 1, that is why it is reducing your cost. Check and come back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed

I am using revenue element category 11 (Revenue) only. When I perform planning thru CJR8, and see report for example, S_ALR_87013531, the planned revenue is shown under planned cost as negative figure and not under planned revenue. Please suggest

Thanks & Regards

Shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

Please check again to what Ahmed has written above. Check with your FI consultant on which is the revenue cost element for your project. Then check the Cost element category for that revenue cost element in KA02. It should be maintained as 11.

I faced similar issue like yours earlier and it was solved.

Regards,

Kabir

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Run CJEN and then check again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, We can see revenue now, but planned revenue by revenue elements appears with minus sign in the reports. Is this standard feature?

Regards

Shailesh

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to OPSB transaction code and check against the revenue element group specified in the planning profile, that whether mentioned cost (Revenue) element which is appearing in the error message is included in the same revenue element group or not. If it is not there, just get the help of your CO consultant and include this element in that group.

Regards

Avisek Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.