cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status mass change for lots with long term inspection characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a big number of inspection lots with long term inspection characteristics,the presence of this type of characteristics set a status of inspection active, even if I made the usage decision.

To set the status of inspection complete I have to close the characteristic manually and after that save the UD.

Is there a way of mass change to set the status of inspection complete to all the inspection lots instead of doing it one by one.

Regards,

Mahmoud

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No.

SAP is expecting these characteristics to be completed. To not do so is the same as not recording data for a required characteristic. So you must manually close these.

If you have a lot of them to do beacuse of a go-live data load, or similar issue, I might try using an LSMW to close them.

If this is something that is going to happen on a regular basis, you might want to rethink the design and the use of long-term characteristics.

If we can understand the reason why you have a bunch of these to manually process, maybe we can give you alternative ideas.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You ca close the long term inspection without doing RR also by Pressing "Complete inspection" Shift + F6 in the UD screen.

What you can do is create a LSMW .Also use SHDB to copy the screen tab like shift + F6.

This will help you to close all forcefully in simple efforts.

Take help of your ABAPER for the same.

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Actually I'm working on an archiving process, and I realized that lots with status LTIN are not archived, and they are a lot, more than 40,000 lots, so I need to close them in a fast way.

If you have any idea other than LSMW it will be great, if not, then it is LSMW

Thanks a lot for you help and thanks for SujitSND.

Regards,

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes... I can see your problem. There are many consultants giving advice recommending that all charcteristics get set up as long-term characteristics. This is done just so people can make corrections to MICS after a UD has been done. The problem is that SAP treats these almost like optional characteristics at the time of the UD. But the SAP design is that they expect these characteristics will eventually be processed and completed. That is why you are having problems archiving because SAP considers these lots as incomplete.

You will see more and more clients having this problem now. Now that companies have been on SAP for many years, they are being forced to start archiving.

As correctly pointed out, you can use the inspection complete setting to close these which should make the LSMW easier to do.

But you will constantly have this problem unless you 1) Train the users to mark the inspection complete 2) trim the use of LT characteristics to only those characteristics that you expect to actually get results recorded for.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your help Craig, I appreciate it, and I spoke with them today to go for LSMW.

But I'm really facing a very big problem now, and I guess you can help with it, I posted it and here is the link:

[;

If only you have time please check it.

Thanks a lot again for your concern.

Regards,

Mahmoud

Answers (0)