cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freight Header with Access sequence only to apply on the header.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

I have a requirment to make Freight to be maintained as the Header condition.

This should not apply in the item at all.

In the standard SAP, the Header condition is always to be maintained manullay and can not be controlled through the access sequence(condition records)

What are the other ways that we can have this working.

Thankyou.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Your problem is :

1 . You dont want to "distribute" the value of this header condition into line items as it happens in stand process for header conditions types. OR

2. You dont want to enter the values manually each time you create an order ?

While waiting for your response for above , just a thought ---

normally freight is calculated based on incoterms for line items.

If the requrmnt is just to add some charges which will be "called" as freight to overall order instead of item level , then jsut make a header condition type of type price and assign the related acc keyin V/08 to dtermine freight G/L . So when u create order now , the user need to enter some values in this condition type , and this value will be transfrd to respective freight g/l.

Hope this helps .

B O L .. !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manni,

Thank you for your reply,

My requirement is both

1. The freight amount should not be distributed to the items.

2. The freight amount should be determined automatically and should not be entered.

By modifying the condition to pricing, I do not know the other implications that may happen due to this.

If there are no standard implications, i think this would help,

Alternatively other could can comment on the suggestion if it is the right option as i do not want to take chances.

Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Refer note "25144 -- Freight conditions " to see if this can help .

In stand process it is not possible to stop the system to distribute the freight values in item level . Also , since you can not give access seq in header conditions , it is only possible to enter it manually.

Check these notes also :

876617 - FAQ: Header conditions / Header condition screen

317112 - Behavior of conditions w/ calculation rule B changed

485740 - Conditions with fixed amount in copy activities

84605 - Transfer absolute amount condition to billing doc.

25020 - Value changes during over/underdelivery

Hope this Helps !

B O L .. !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a similar requirement wherein the header level condition type freight should be divided over line items....

I tried the option of maintaining condition class as "B" i.e. price but then it deactivates my actual price condition.

any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no way in SAP to have the pricing only at header but not distributed to line item, even the pricing entered at the header gets distributed to each line item. Any price mentioned at the header has to be distributed to line item to calculate profitiability at the line item and in case of billing of the documents, unless the amount is appropriated to each line item, system cannot calculate correct billing amount in case of split of order into multiple billing document.

I am not sure of your exact requirement but if you are looking to charge the flat amount on each document, you could do so by using group condition.

Create a condition type with the following parameters:

Calculation type = B

Group Condition = Active

Group Condition Routine = 01.

Assign an access sequence which contain the access fields from the header of the doucmnet so that condition type is captured at each line item with the same condition record number. Since all the line item will belong to common group and will have same condition record number whcih is fetched at each line item, system will apply only the amount mentioned in the condition record in the document. i.e. If condition record specificies 50$ as the amount, a total of 50$ will be applied on the doucment and will be distributed to each line item based on the value of each line item.

In case the above solution does not meet your criteria or fits your situation.. please elaborate on the exact business scenario / requirement.

Regards,

Naveen Aggarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

Thankyou for the reply...

My requirement arises as my SO can have 3 types of line items.

1. Physical Material. Security Camera etc UOM EA

2. Installation Charge (Servcie material) UOM EA

3. Monthly subsrciption to monitor(so this line item is the one that will be creating a contract) UOM = MON

So the problem over here is the delivery charges that i apply to header if they get divided over vlaue, some part of delivery charges will be applied to this line item may be 1 £ but will be applied every month as this item will land up in the contract.

So i dont mind if gets applied to other line items but should not get applied to the monthly one.

Is there any possibility?

Thanks in advance,

Praful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praful,

I am not sure how many items will be available in your sales order. If it fits, you can keep the complete frieght charges at the first line item only by adding line number in the access sequence. OR

Add Material type in the access sequence for frieght so that freight condition is charged on physical material only and since it will be a Group condition as explained before, it will not be charged for each line item but rather charged once and distributed to each line item of physical material distributed in teh value of each line item.

I dont have SAP currently so could not validate but the solution should work, if you try it.

Regards,

Naveen Aggarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to maintain freight condition which should not copy to all items,please find the option below

1.maintain the condition type as Accruals ---V/06

2.Maintain the account key against the condition type in the Pricing procedure--V/08

3.Mainatain the G/L accounts against the account keys maintained in the pricing procedure--VKOA

By doing the above settings the system will post the frieght amount seperately which will not include in items .

if you have any further clarifications let me know

Regards

Damu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can force the insertion through the sales order user exits. or if you are creating the sales order through BAPI, then you can pass the header condition.

but remember either ways these are alternatives for manual insertion. and header conditions can never be determined by the system automatically.