Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII 12.1 Dynamic Transaction Call

lawrence_prinsloo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm playing around with the functionality in 12.1 and found the Dynamic Transaction Call Action block quite interesting. One of the options it gives you is to run that transaction you're calling in a parallel thread as an Asynchronous Call - see below. This will obviously speed up the execution of the transaction if some tasks can be run "later".

Asynchronous Call

If this checkbox is selected, a message is sent to run the transaction on a separate thread and the runtime is not predetermined.

What I've found is that if I send through the parameters to the transaction (while Asynchronous Call is checked), they're not persistant when the transaction is run.

For example, if I have a transaction which has an input parameter called Field_1 and it's default value is set to "temp". I call that transaction using the Dynamic Transaction Call Action Block with the "Asynchronous Call" selected. When I call the transaction from the action block, I dynamically assign the Field_1 value to be "johnny".

When I view the output of the dynamic call, it uses the value for Field_1 to be "temp" and not "johnny" as I'd assigned. I can only reason that this is because the calling transaction has already completed and the value "johnny" is no longer persistant.

Is this the case (that the inputs are not persistant when the txn is called), or is there something I need to be doing before I dynamically call the action block?

Thanks,

Lawrence

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lawrence,

which Version do you have running? I know that 12.1.2 and 12.1.3 have some bugs (Async Dynamic TRX Caller) that are fixed

with 12.1.4 Patch2. I would recommend you to install the latest Patch (12.1.4 Patch 3).

Cheers

Pedro Iglesias

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well its asynchronous, so i imagine once the train has left the station it isn't there anymore.

lawrence_prinsloo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hmmm, then why would you want to catch the train?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It works for me the way you expected on 12.1.0 so its probably the patches.

lawrence_prinsloo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

thanks, just had a quick chat with Pedro. It was my patches. Blonde moment, I'd updated the patches for MII_BUILDT, but not XMII.

Will update the patches and post a message if it's not fixed.