cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact assessment through CHARM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are in process of Implementing CHARM. Now the requirement coming is to use CHARM to do the impact assessment for any CR. e.g.

When changing any role it should give me analysis on where all this role is being used and hence the impact.

Has anyone encountered this kind of requirement before. Any suggestions.

Regards,

Smita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smita,

Other than BP analyser you can also use Custom Development Management Cockpit for Impact analysis

CDMC consists of two parts, the clearing analysis (CA) and the Upgrade/Change Impact Analysis (UCIA).

With the clearing analysis, you can identify and analyze obsolete customer-specific workbench objects. The results of a clearing analysis are an ideal starting point for the clearing process for custom development.

With the Upgrade/Change Impact Analysis, you can find out about the technical impact of an SAP Upgrade or Support Package on your custom developments and estimate the amount of work required for adapting them.

Regards,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

These kind of requirements can be met with the description of the business processes in the solution directory. Once the Business processes are described, you can analyze the impact the modification of one element will have on your SI (business processes).

At the same time, once the BP are defined, you can link SDCR, SDMJ and SDHF tickets to them. That way, you will be able to track the changes realized on your BP or analyze if a change is currently realized for a BP step.

You can also look into the Business process change analyzer functionnality that helps you determine the impacts a change has, after its realization (the analysis is done on a TR, a project or a solution). It is used to define the tests you will execute for a particular change, version or project.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Benjamin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Benjamin,

So you are saying I can tag any change to a business process and in turn can analyze if this is impacting other prcoess steps of this business process. And this analysis is default functionality of BP analyzer.

Let me know if I understood it properly. Also share if you have any document on this functionality.

Regards,

Smita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, it does not work exactly like that.

When you work with a SDCR ticket (your CR), you can link it with a BP step. This is a manual operation, you will have to perform the analysis yourself (there is not automatic mecanism). The advantage is that once you've described your BP properly, you will have a lot of information on the elements impacted by your change (development, customizing, roles, etc.).

Then, you have the BP Change analyzer. It analyzes the content of a projet, solution or TR and in return gives you the BP it has an impact on. You can see that you cannot use this functionnality in a CR, as the change has to be done prior to the analysis.

For documentation on these functionnalities, you should look into the sap website service.sap.com/rkt-solman. There are a lot of documentations and demonstrations available.

Regards,

Benjamin