cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIC version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

when I am assigning a MIC "strength" in inspection plan, system is giving error message "no valid version is found for the MIC". But the MIC is released and is present with the version1. Thereafter, when i manually put the version 1 in version field of the plan and enter system is giving the warning message "you have entered a historic version (version was changed with history in meantime) although current version is not released". However if i continue system is accepting and plan is created without error. Why is the system behaving like this, please advice....

Regards,

Sunit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Experts for Your Suggestion...

Regards,

Sunit

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure what you mean by MIC "strength"?

But it sounds like someone created a new version of your MIC. Try doing a search for the MIC and see if two versions exist.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply

Sir, "Strength" is the name given to my MIC. On investigation i found out that while uploading the MIC i have mistakenly given the valid from date of 30.12.2099 and so system was not finding a valid version. However i had manually keyed in the version 1 in the version field of inspection plan which has been created today, i.e. 30.12.2009. Now my questions are...

1. Since MIC is valid from 2099, will there be any problem in result recording, reporting, etc. ?

2. If there is such a problem, can valid from date of the MIC be changed?

3. Since this MIC has been assigned a class characteristic for batch updation, MQC, etc., if finally i have to delete this MIC and create a fresh one will it be possible to assign the earlier class characteristic to the new MIC?

Please advise.....

Regards,

Sunit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can not change the "Valid Date " of the MIC.

If you have maintained "with history" tab at the plant level then you can create the New version with new date.

But now as you are using it for batch valuation better Mark it for deletion.Create New MIC or Create New version on valid date which you can put in Inspection plan.

I hope this will help

Regards

Sujit

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create a new version of the MIC with the correct date. Should work fine. You will need to replace the old version with the new version of the MIC. It doesn't matter that the versions our of order. You can mark the first one for deletion so people don't use it by mistake someday.

Creating a new version is better since you don't have to worry about the general characteristic. If you create a totally new MIC you'll have a lot of work to do to setup or change the classification data for the general charcteristic.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I have already created another version and assigned to the inspection plan but I cannot delete the previous version. When I try the system gives the error message that the validity range is not maintained for MIC. Drilling into the message gives the info that either the MIC is not created (which is not possible), or dont have authority to edit it ( but am able to change MICs), or the MIC is assigned to a plan (which is not possible as i have deleted the 1st version & assigned the new one in the plan). Please advice how to delete the earlier version.

Regards,

Sunit

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use the where-used functionality for MICS and see if it was used anywhere else. You don't have to delete it, just block it so it can no longer be used. I believe (from memory here, no system), that there is an option to block it under status.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

In QS26 (where used) i did not find any option of "status" except under system (and that is typically describing system status). Can you please elaborate how to access status and then block ?

Regards,

Sunit

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my understanding only those which do not have deleted & created status can be seen in QS26.

In simple words its only Released MIC which are in use can only be seen in QS26.Also MIC must be referenced only.

Regards

Sujit

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you miss understood me. I meant for you use QS26 to see if there were other MIC versions there.

You set the status of the mic in QS23. If you find another version, change the status to "can no longer be used" or try setting the deletion flag there.

Craig