cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Location is not popullating in the PO(for stock materials)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are facing a issue regarding the Storage location in SRM 5.0.(patching SAPKIBKT14)

when we try to create a PO with Stock material then the PO will be created but without Storage location.But during the confirmation it will give error saying "Enter Stor. Location ".

if we enter the storage location manually it will work fine , but we need it should take automatically like other materials.

Note:There is not problem if we do SC .. it will populate automatically.

Please help us.

Regards

-

Channappa Sajjanar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue is with SAP.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

plz update SAP solution here

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hI

Did you enter(select) storage location while creating PO w.r.t location.

or

since STROAGEL location is not there in the PO , for stock purpose it is asking you to enter sl.

are you expecting system to fill the Storage location from the plant?

Note 995374 - Not possible to enter a blank storage location entry in PO

Note 1120311 - Storage location gets cleared

br

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

thank a lot for your reply,

i checked both notes but we are already ahead of support package.We are in (SRM SERVER : SAPKIBKT14)

Issue:

when we try to create a PO for a Stock Material ,

when i enter the material number in the "Product " field and press enter the details for material will populate but the storage location in field BASIC DATA itself will not appear but when i gave the cost center and press check button , then the storage location field will be appear with blank.

our need is to when ever we enter the material number(stock) then the storage location also need to populate authomatically.

hope you understand my problem.

Regards

-

Channappa Sajjanar

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

can you tell where do you want to retain the delivery point in item data of partner overview.

Header

in Basis Data

Partner view

Delivery Point

or

item data

Partner view

one thing- when you enter a accounting assignment for a material, the material will not received into stock or inventory.

if you were entered as Account assignment , you may not get an error enter a str. location.

Generally sl is a tem data right in the Po?

br

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu ,

my requirement is as follows.

In the item data of the PO creation will enters the "Product" as the stock material number (122_0322). When i press the enter button the product catagary , description .. etc fields will populate automatically , like that only we need the storage location field to be populate automatically(we can see this when we go for details button.) .

But presently the "Storage Location" field itself not appearing on the screen when i select the material and choose details button but when we enter the other details and check the storage location field will populates with blank.

About :one thing- when you enter a accounting assignment for a material, the material will not received into stock or inventory.

When we select the same material in SC from the internal catalog ,, it takes the storage location correctly.

regards

-

Channappa Sajjanar

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you get plant (location) automatically when you enter material in the item data , partner view?

Note 1271148 - Not able to set storage location to blank in Purchase Order - but this is for SRM 600

Symptom

In Purchase Order Item basic data, When storage location values are loaded initially it contains a blank value but once the user selects a value from the dropdown the option to reset to blank is not available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

i checked for notes before only .. they are for SRM6.0 but we are in SRM5.0 with patching 14.

and in the partner view all details are blank when i select the item

Partner Overview Function Number Name Action

Service Agent blank

Requester * "

Goods Recipient "

Ship-To Address "

Location * "

Regards

-

Channappa Sajjanar

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check with SAP by clarifying your doubts by OSS message

BR

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

thanks for your reply ,will try to raise an OSS message.

and one more thing i observed is whenever we enter the storage location in header data , then only the field Storage Location will appear in the item data screen.

Regards

-

Channappa Sajjanar