cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO to Vendors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SRM. We are implementing SRM 4.0.

In this we want to send the PO via XML to some vendors using Business Connector (not XI). How should one go about this? What configuration does one need to do? Are there any BADI's that need to be implemented?

Please help with detailed guidance

Thanks in advance,

Mick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mick,

read my answer in this thread about XML PO output:

If you don't activate XI in the customizing, then SMR considers the BC scenario during the PO XML output.

Extract from my answer:

<i>1. The sending of purchase orders to vendors per XML is executed by default via implementation BBP_PO_SEND_XML of BAdI EXEC_METHODCALL_PPF. SAP delivers implementation BBP_PO_SEND_XML as standard implementation. If standard behavior is not ok for you, you can change it (see note 492988). <b>In this method, SRM checks if you use XI or BC (depending on vendor data and XI activation in SPRO)</b>, and then send the PO with function BBP_PO_SEND --> META_PO_SEND (BADI BBP_EBPXML_OUT_BADI to change systemtype from SAPXML to EBPXML).

Depending on the target system type:

BCEBPXML1 BBP_BAPI_PO_SEND

XIEBPXML1 BBP_XI_PO_SEND

XISAPXML1 BBP_SAPXML1_PO_SEND</i>

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpfull answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Christophe. That was very helpful.

My next question might seem silly, but please guide.

In the implementation of BADI BBP_EBPXML_OUT_BADI just assign the value to changing parameter CV_SYSTEM_TYPE = EBPXML. Do we have to write any other code?

Also do we have to perform the mapping in the Business Connector? If yes is there any documentation on it?

Thanks and Regards,

Mick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mick,

if XI is not activated, BC will be considered.

So the function BBP_BAPI_PO_SEND will be used.

This one will do some mapping and call the remote function BAPI_POEC_XML_SEND in BC.

The BADI BBP_EBPXML_OUT_BADI is used only in the XI case. So you don't need to use it.

In BC, you will have to develop your mapping, depending on the target XML format you agreed with your vendors / marketplaces. As this one is not fixed (so many standards...), there is no fixed documentation.

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpfull answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not quite sure but I think, that you should customize the output first, and then implement the BADI BBP_PO_SEND_XML.

I hope this help you

BR