cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening a new component/view in new window

0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I can't find it for some reason. I am trying to open a component in a new window using a link. Even opening a different view in a new window would be suffice.

I however read somewhere that some of the past features of "createWindow" only open the new view/component as a Modal.

Please Help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

My guess is that you dont want to hard code the URL or externalize it . There are apis by which you can derive the url of a delpoyed application

IWDDeployableObject iwdDep = WDDeployableObject.getDeployableObject("<name of the component>");

WDDeployableObjectPart wdDep[] = iwdDep.getParts(WDDeployableObjectPartType.APPLICATION);

//if only one application within the component wdDep[0]

//if multiple application iterate through array

//and use method getShortName to derive object of the

//required application

String url = WDURLGenerator.getApplicationURL(wdDep[0]);

wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent().getWindowManager().createExternalWindow(url,<title>,<modal>);

Hope this helps,

Regards

Pran

0 Kudos

Hi Pran,

Basically, I am able to pop open a new application, this is not the problem. The problem is that I am trying to open a component or even a view in an amodal window (new browser window).

Please help.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try the IWDLinkToURL UI element?

Armin

0 Kudos

Basically it's this - I'm trying to open a component within the same DC in a popup (new browser window). At this point, I would be happy if I were able to open a new view in a new browser window as long as it's not amodal. I want to be able to share context from the first component to the "launched" Component.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

What are you able to do is 2 options only:

1. Open a separate browser window with new WD application / arbitrary url.

2. Open so-called pop-over in same browser window. Well, it is not "pure" window, but it walks & quacks alike

For second option you can use smth. like this:

final IWDWindow window = wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createWindow
(	
  wdComponentAPI.getComponentInfo().findInWindows("MyWindow"),
  true
);

The latest parameter is "isModal" flag. As of sneak preview it is always should be modal (true).

I'm working with SP6 and it seems to be possible to define this parameter as false, and resulting window really modal-less (I can click on elements outside pop-over).

Regards,

VS