Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe Design Error with Unhandled Exception

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a strange problem in my designer. As per ingo's blog 5 creating universe based on BI query, I am created a connection and that connection is success. After that I try to create a universe using that connection shows all available quries and cubes until it is fine.

Now the next step to creat universe, throws an unhandled exception shown below.

1 processor P Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Windows 2000 Server (Terminal Server) v5.2 build 3790 (S)
Physical Total/Avail: 2.061.384 Kb / 111.320 Kb
Temp directory C:\DOCUME~1\MANDAL~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\1\ (8 Kb available)
'Unknown' video card
   1280 x 800 with 65536 colors
------------------------------------------------------------------

Unhandled Exception
  Code: c0000005
  Description: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
Module  at   0x54090000: C:\Program Files\Business ObjectsXI30\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\dbd_sap.dll  v 12.0.0.683 [E]
    address: 0x540abeba
    address: 0x540a232a
    address: 0x54099b9f
    address: 0x5409377c
Module  at   0x02fc0000: C:\Program Files\Business ObjectsXI30\

Environment :

BO is installed on Windows 2003 server

BI is installed on Sun Solaris server

Client Tools are in Windows XP

If i use designer from any client machine, the connection also not success.

Any solution for this issue please ?

Regards,

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi

did you import the required transports in your SAP BW server?

Regards,

Stratos

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Efstratios,

Yes, I have imported all the transports and all of they are success. I am able to use SAP authentication and able to create connection and retrive all InfoCubes and Quries also. Error is only when i select the query to create universe.

As i understand from the erros shown is , in the server some graphis card or driver is missing.

Moreever, I am looking for loging into the Desinger using SAP authentication from Client machine. For SAP authentication, i should install Integration Kit in client machine.( corect me if i am wrong ). To install Integration KiT , it is asking Crystol report server in desktop before integration kit.

Does it require ?

Regards,

Suresh

0 Kudos

Hi

if you have not installed the int.Kit for SAP on the machine your Designer is installed on you are not able to create a universe based on an SAP BW data source at all.

Crystal Reports is not required for installing the int.kit. Please choose the Client/Desktop installation type during the installation. Which version of the BOBJ client tools did you install? Which version of the int.Kit are you trying to install?

Regards,

Stratos

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Efstratios,

When i select Desktop option during the Int.Kit for SAP, it is asking to install Crystol Reports. Client tools were already installed on the same machine.

My Client tools are BOBJ XI 3.0

Inte.Kit for SAP XI 3.0

both are XI 3.0 version only

Regards,

Suresh

0 Kudos

Hi

please select the Custom installation type and deactivate all components which are related to Crystal Reports.

Is XCelsius is installed on the machine also?

Regards,

Stratos

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Efstratios ,

I Wish you Happy New Year 2010.

I installed Int.Kit SAP and after that when i click on create universe from client machine,the designer itself closing by itself and no message or error.

Regards,

Suresh

0 Kudos

Hi

thank you! I wish you also a happy new Year too!

does your designer abort when you select File->New or when you confirm the creation of an SAP BW OLAP universe after having selected the appropriate BW query?

Which version of SAP GUI is installed on the client machine (Windows XP)?

Regards,

Stratos

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Efstratios,

When i select the New in Universe Designer then, selected the the newly created connection and hit on finish. Immediatly it closes the Designer iteself.

Client machine SAP GUI is 7.10

Regards,

Suresh

0 Kudos

Hi

please follow the instructions in the following SAP note

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1199840

Which is the patch level of your SAP GUI? What exactly is the version (incl. patch level) of your BW server?

Regards,

Stratos

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Efstratios,

What I have abserved is that when i select Query , it is closing the designer. Where as if i select InfoCube from InfoCube navigation area, then it is creating the Universe.

Current Version of Server is : NW 7 SP 21

Current SAP GUI for Windows : GUI 710 Final Release Patch Lever 0

Regards,

Suresh

Answers (0)