cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need steps to find out the particular ( specific ) incoming IDOC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ALL Experts,

In our scenario , our SAP XI system is directly connected to customer SAP XI system and we did not import IDOC from R/3 to SAP XI. Instead of doing this we got the .XSD file and imported to SAP XI.

Now, I need to know the particular incoming IDOC through IDOC NO or some other way where, as of now I need to run the

sxmb_moni and from that I need check every IDOC.

Pls revert with the way where we can retrieve the specific IDOC.

Thanks and Regards

Machindra Patade

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sarvesh .. Have checked and found that TREX have installed.

Also we can not use the Transaction IDX5 since our SAP XI system is directly connected to our customer SAP XI system and we did not import IDOC from R/3 to SAP XI. Instead of doing this we got the .XSD file and imported to SAP XI. Because of this we are not able to use IDX5 transaction code to monitor the IDOC.

Thanks Prateek for your answer .. will help if you provide the complete step ( demo example ) to retrieve the specific IDOC using RWB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you know the IDOC number then use TREX facility to find out the message. Once you get the message then take the message id and come to MONI and in search criteria use that to find your particular message.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said, there is no standard way to search such message except if you have Trex. In RWB -> Message Moitoring -> From Index -> There provide the Idoc number in Search Text and you can then find the corresponding number. However, this is only available if you have TREX installed on PI.

Other way could be editing the existing search of sxmb_moni but that would be effort consuming.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton for the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prateek,

I am not able to view the RWB -> Message Moitoring -> *From Index* -> to provide the Idoc number in Search Text...

Also in the RWB -- Index Administration -- I am getting the message "Either the Runtime Workbench is not connected to a TREX server or the connection is temporarily not available"

is that mean TREX is not installed ? or any ther reason behind the same.

Pls highlight on the same.

Thanks and regards

Machindra Patade

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Also in the RWB -- Index Administration -- I am getting the message "Either the Runtime Workbench is not connected to a TREX server or the connection is temporarily not available"

Probably this thread will solve your problem.

/message/7498298#7498298 [original link is broken]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sarvesh !!! Also WISHING YOU A VERY HAPPY & PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prateek for your prompt reply.. also as i am new in the system pls guide how to check whether TREX have installled or not in our system ?

Also suggest if there is any way out to know the specific IDOC/XML message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> pls guide how to check whether TREX have installled or not in our system ?

You can apply a simple trick here to make suer if TREX has been installed or not.

Go to RWB--->Message Monitoring, press Display button. Now in next screen you can see a input box "Search Text". Enter some value in the search text box (which you know is present in the system) and now press Start button after fill other filter criteria. So if you get some result then it means TREX is present in the system else not.

> Also suggest if there is any way out to know the specific IDOC/XML message.

In XI use transaction code IDX5 to search IDOC.

Regards,

Sarvesh

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are not treating it as Idoc, it will be treated as a normal XML file. Then you don't have possibility to use the standard idoc monitoring facilities. If you have TREX installed for you PI system, then you can search for Idoc number in index monitoring of RWB.

Regards,

Prateek