Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SE16 - Long time executing table JCDS

former_member222931
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to get values from table JCDS. I executed both ways foreground and background from SE16. However, it took me 20minutes to populate my values for a day time frame.

How can i increase the execution time? If its a program, I can tune, but if for direct execution from SE16,what can I do?

I do not have issues with other tables only jor JCDS.

Appreciate your help and feedback.

Thanks,

SS

Edited by: shafinaz syed on Dec 30, 2009 5:43 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you plan on doing queries of JCDS based on date you'll need to weigh the value of creating a secondary index. The new index will take more space but will speed up queries based on UDATE. In my experience it's a necessary evil, everyone always wants to report on status changes by date and time. Figure you'll increase the size of the table by 50 to 100% if you add an index.

Regards,

Michael

former_member222931
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

This table is released by SAP without secondary indexes so, the only performatic way to access it is by primary key OBJNR, STAT, CHGNR. Do you really want whole data ? What are you trying to get from this table ?

Try to focus on the filter object number see below some samples:

. from 'OR000000100040' to 'OR000000102222'

. 'OR*'

. 'IE*'

. 'KS*'

• this OR, IE, KS is the prefix according to the type of your object.

Another TIP, this table is the complete status, but for individual status you can use table JEST, both tables use OBJNR from table ONR00.

Of course you may check the database statistics (DB20/DB21), but maybe the problem belongs to the way you are trying to access it.

Regards, Fernando Da Ros

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Syed.

In my system the table size is 135MB having 631789 rows. I am able to open table in 2 minutes with all rows.

Please go to table detail in db02 to optmize and execute the DBCC checktable.

Regards

Anwer Waseem

Edited by: Anwer Waseem on Jan 3, 2010 2:50 PM

former_member222931
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anwer,

The table size you mention refers to tablespace or table size for JCDS?

If its for JCDS, how can i check a size for a certain table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwer,

I am using the ECC6 with SQL 2005 DB, you can check the table size in db02 and detailed analysis then you can evaluate further the table.

I believe, oracle DB having same option to optimize the table size and DB Check.

Regards

Anwer Waseem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

It took me 20minutes to populate my values for a day time frame

Its depends on the values which you require from your database.If its huge, its consume much time.

But, you can trace this through ST05 tcode --

[Check this link.|http://naveenvishal.wordpress.com/2009/08/04/tracing-your-sql/]

Thanks & Regards,

Nagendra.