cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue during File to File Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am doing a file to file scenario in which I'm using the Transport protocol as FILE (NFS) and the source directory I'm trying to use is on my local system which is shared. But still i'm getting an error "Configured source directory '
1693.29.52.01\File\Input' does not exist" during the communication channel monitoring.

Regards,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

If you are using File adapter as NFS then you need to put the file on the application server of XI system.

Transaction AL11.

If you want pick up the file from External system then put protocol as FTP as mentioned in the above reply and Give related IP address userid and password in the communication channel for connection purpose. You need to have read and write access on the external server 693.29.52.01\.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Thanks for all your reply. I tried to upload the file in the application server and it worked in the NFS mode. But its not getting delivered in the target folder. Pls help

Regards,

santosh

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the target path, it should be application server path. Meanwhile check SXMB_MONI & Runtime Workbench Window logs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Can you please tell me how you can put the file in AL11 in XI server.

What are the parameters we need to fill..

Thanks,

Sateesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

You can upload the file from your local system to the application server through the Tcode CG3Z. This this tcode is not present in SAP PI but if you have SAP ECC & SAP PI in the same aplication server from ECC system you can run the tcode cg3z and upload the file to the app server from there itself.

Regards,

Santosh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

NFS protocol can't access file from local directory (your/client working system), this protocol can read/write from XI Application Server (i.e XI server only). You can past file into application server thorugh AL11 transaction code.

I hope now clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, santosh

rajesh is right NFS stands for network file system which means your PI server only andf not any shared location

If you want file to be picked up from your local machine then create a FTP(file Transmission protocol ) location on your machine and create a shared folder there . this folder should have all the rights(read and write)

In your sender communication channel select option FTP in place of NFS

give details of your FTP location,user credentials then only your file will be picked

regards

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

NFS can access only the PI server File system and not the one which is shared....in this case need to place the same in PI system path only...

in order to access the file from the other systems like what you have done need to use the FTP protocol and need to install the file server utility on the same..

if your are using for the sample scenario...then install file zilla server utility which is of free...

HTH

Rajesh