cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Materials stuck in Storage Type 916

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am having a situation which I am unable to figure out the cause.

In our current environment, we have implemented SAP WM.

Now in a normal Sales cycle (Sales Order > Delivery > Invoice), a WM TO is required to do the Picking after a Delivery Document is created.

When a WM TO is created it picks up the stock from a Fixed bin & Storage type XYZ (based on the search strategy) & then puts it into the Storage Type 916 & Storage Bin= Delivery Document Number.

Once the Delivery is shipped (PGI) then this stock is removed from Storage type 916. This works fine.

However there are many deliveries which have been shipped in the system, but the stock for that material is still in 916 storage type. I am unable to understand how to go about this situation.

Kindly guide me through the initial probe for this situation.

Thanks

Vinit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit,

Just question(s):

1)

Please check the stock in storage type 916. I mean 916+dynamic bin (I assume you use the dynamic bins). The ID of the dynamic bin should come from the delivery number.

Check the goods movement status of the deliveries whether the GI have been posted or not (e.g. in VL03N or in SE16 + VBUP [VBUP-WBSTA="C"?])

2)

Please also check in LT22 what's happened. Give the WH, storage type, dynamic bin, select "All TO items", don't specify the date range and run the report.

What can you see?

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have checked all the status.

The Goods Movement status of the delivery is C

Also the delivery has been invoiced.

When I analysed the same in LT22

TO# Item Material Stor. Typ Source Bin Qty Unit Plnt Created On Typ Dest. Bin Dest.target qty

159173 0001 Material# 009 MTS01 1 EA US89 10/07/2009 916 0080080207 1

168198 0001 Material# 916 0080080207 1 EA US89 10/07/2009 009 MTS01 1

180051 0001 Material# 009 MTS01 1 EA US89 10/12/2009 916 0080080207 1

Now the 1st entry is of the WM TO when the Delivery Picking takes place.

Then the remaining 2 TO are created by some business user using Movement type 999.

Hence I am not sure if a transaction has triggerred it or has he done it on purpose.

My final objective is to have this stock hanging in storage type 916 - Dyanamic bin, to move out of the system as the delivery is already shipped.

Can anyone guide me so as to how can I acheive the same effect to the system as that of movement type 601.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any idea ?

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vinit,

What would you like to know exactly?

Movement type 999 is used when you execute manual posting via LT01 / LT10. You shouls ask the user why he/she moved the stock manually to the dynamic bin.

(Isn't it possible that developemnt is in work and stock was transferred automatically?)

If the stock was moved to 916+dynamic bin w/o reason, you should:

- check where is the stock physically

- move the stock to the bin where it is

(in LT22 you can see which bin was the source bin when stock was moved to 916+dynamic bin)

Please specify your question if I didn't understand you.

Thanks,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well,

My main problem is that there is a lot of stock for a many materials in storage type 916 - dynamic bin (Delivery#)

Ideally when the Picking & Confirmation steps are performed for a Delivery Doc, the stock is moved from the Fixed bin to 916-Dynamic bin & when the PGI is done for the delivery, this stock gets consumed and the entry is removed from Storage type 916.

However for some reason, for deliveries that PGI'ed, the stock is still lying in 916.

Now the Business users want to clean up this lying stock & hence I wanted to know if I could used some Movement type in once of the MBXX tcodes and acheive the same effect that movement type 601 would have done while shipping the product.

By effect I mean -all the postings and account updates that happen during PGI.

And why the stock is hung up there is the main question but not as important as cleaning up the inventory.

Thanks

Let me know if you need more info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit,

I came across your post here, we are having exactly the same issue that you had. I was wondering if you can share what happened and - both, the cause and the fix if you can recall? I know it's been almost 2 years, just trying my luck..

Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The cause is normaly user error, if the transfer order isn't created from delivery (like moved with 999 movement type) then the stock isn't actualy assigned to the delivery and it will be left sitting in 916 (unless the existing stock moved to 916 is no longer available). I have seen users pull stock from 916 with 999 and actualy thought it would reverse the pick (that is not the case). I have seen users add unrestricted stock to 916 to allow goods issue after the stock expired and moved to blocked status.

There are various reasons some legitamate and some not to do manual moves into and out of 916 but in the end if there is stock left in the 916/delivery bucket after goods issue then there was a mistake made.

To correct the issue the system stock balance should be put in the correct physical bin if the product is still physicaly in your building, if the stock does not physicaly exist in your location it should be adjusted out of the system. As long as your settings are correct and there is no other issue then the one I menitoned above you should have no worries about the goods issues as the system will issue a hard stop error message at the time of goods issue attempt when the stock cannot be consumed properly.

former_member272866
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition , please check whether the delivery is cancelled for the stock laying in 916 with delivery as dynamic number.

Regards,

Prashant