cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service through PI to external supplier

0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a question about publishing a web service to external supplier to pull the newly created PO in ECC

We are using SNC to collaborate with supplier; however, some suppliers have their system and would like to get their PO without using SNC

So, I want to expose the following standard service operation delivered by SAP as web services through PI to allow the supplier to pull their POs

ReplenishmentOrderNotification_In

http://esworkplace.sap.com/socoview(bD1lbiZjPTAwMSZkPW1pbg==)/render.asp?packageid=DE0426DD9B0249F19...

I would appreciate if anyone could enlight me in the best way to achieve this requirement?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Thanks guys for your replies, they were very helpful

However, I am still missing something somehow

let me explain the secnario in more details

the backend system is ECC 6.0 where the buyer create the PO?

PO is gernated from ECC as IDOC and typically I am sending them to SNC as XML through PI

Currently I didn't setup any sender agreement since the sender is SAP system ECC so how can I publish it to the service registry

Now, I need to have these PO sent to specific suppliers without sending POs to SNC

Options:

1. Send these PO as XML over HTTP protocol (Not Desirable)

2. Web Service using WS adapter ... which I need to know the typical scenario technically here from this post

Any information about option 2 is appreciated .....

Regards,

Edited by: Waleed AlFaisal on Jan 1, 2010 6:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are few other Q's that you should think before designing ur solution....

1) Is the supplier accepting the Same PO-XML (same as SCN-XML) or has a diff schema?

2) Is the supplier receiving the PO's using Pull mechanism or you are pushing it to them?

You can use a SOAP Adapter to acheive ur scenario. Why do you want to use a WS adapter?

-SM

0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

1) Is the supplier accepting the Same PO-XML (same as SCN-XML) or has a diff schema?

Yes

2) Is the supplier receiving the PO's using Pull mechanism or you are pushing it to them?

Pull mechanism

SOAP will be most likely to be pushing not pulling

Thank you for your reply and looking forward to your suggestion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Waleed AlFaisal

Just to publish your service in SR

open sender agreement in ID and go to Tab sender agreement select publish in SR

this will publish your interface as a webservice

Now for your vendor, create its WSDL :

in ID goto tools ->Display WSDL and follow 5 step wizard

save your WSDL on your machine and then send this wsdl to your vendor

using this WSDL your vendor can hit your interface as webservice . your vendor may use any service such as Apache or any server .... for this wsdl

hope this may help you

regards

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand the question correctly you would like to use PI ESR to publish your Web service. If that is so, that all you would need to do is login into the Service Registry, go to the Publish tab, enter your end point of the WSDL and hit on Publish