cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to upload ruleset textfile(standard which SAP given)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expers

During my GRC 5.3 Post installation steps, I am unable to upload my rule set text any of the below ones after sequence of uploading files, I am getting the following error.

Error while uploading rule set data. Check file format -> R3_Risk_Ruleset.txt

오류: 규칙 세트 ID: GLOBAL이(가) 이미 있습니다

Rule set creation is not complete due to above errors -- > ALL_Ruleset.txt

Please help.

Regards

Hari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

File format error is quite common and occurs when the data in the file is not matching to the format requried by GRC.

Do you know if this file was manually edited? Open it using excel and look for any additional tab or blank space or new line characters in the input file "R3_Risk_Ruleset.txt" (particularly at the end of file) remove them before uploading.

The error "오류: 규칙 세트 ID: GLOBAL이(가) 이미 있습니다" is in Korean, Is your default logon language set as Korean? the other possibility is CC message file might not have been uploaded correctly. The error message stands for "Error: Rule Set ID: GLOBAL 2 already exists". Looks like you already have ruleset Global 2 created in your system and trying to upload the same file again. System will give error when corresponding risk/ruleset already exists.

You will need to verify what already got uploaded into RAR, this can be done through Rule Architect tab, and then upload remaining logic or manually do required changes through Rule Architect.

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amol appears to be on the correct lines with this.

I would first check the files themselves as they can easily be corrupted when opening them from different applications. eg. If you open the files from Excel and then Notepad, sometimes the formatting is updated despite it not appearing to have done so.

Is it just the one file which causes a problem? Can you upload others from the Configuration --> Rule Upload functionality?

I would also check the language settings and validate what you have already uploaded to check that it is the correct version of what you want to see?!

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply.

however I did not open the file after the extraction of the car files till upload into the rule configuration.

I can able to upload the files related to the below columns among file columns in RAR

1. business process

2. function

3.Function authorization

4. Rule set

5. risk

6. Generate rule

I got stuck at Rule set upload.

when I open the file Rule set file I could see the below details.

B001 GLOBAL

B002 GLOBAL

B003 GLOBAL

B004 GLOBAL

Even I have created the corresponding rule set name Global in the Rule architect, but no use.

and one more thing...I did not set the default language as Korean..

let me know where can I check that settings.

Edited by: Hari Krishna Prasad kantipudi on Jan 4, 2010 4:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would check with your Basis / NW administrators for the language setup.

Regarding your other problem, are you saying that it is only the Ruleset file which you cannot upload?

If you have managed to create them manually in Rule Architect, have you worked around the problem?

I would still suggest that the file has been corrupted somehow and the format is no longer recognised by SAP. Perhaps try to create a new file and re-upload but be careful not to remove data which you require in the system.

Simon

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hari,

Try to extract these files again and check to make sure that the files are stored in UTF-8 format. Once you confirm this, upload the rule files. What SP level are you on?

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried after extracting once again and changing the file format..but no use..

My SAP Basis SP level is : SAPKB70005