Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have scenario which goes like this;

1) Sales Order created-Say in this sales order qty that need to deliver is 50 PCS, say material "X"

2) Created outbound delivery for material "X"

3) Material "X" is Warehouse managed

4) Material "X" is in different storage Bins example- BIN-A, BIN-2, BIN-3

5) Stock in BIN-A= 10, BIN-2=20 and BIN-3 = 20

6) When i am issuing (PGI), stock is taken/decreased from BIN-A only and BIN-A show negative -40.

7) i want to issue this 50 PCS from all the above 03 BINS (BIN-A, BIN-2 and BIN-3) as this stock is spread in 03 BINS

Your inputs are appreciated in this regard.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I understand you don't use transfer orders (you don't do picking) but you are using fixed bin (defined in material master) for GI against outbound delivery.

Could you please confirm this?

If you want to get the goods from different bins you have to use picking. You can activate it in:

SPRO > LE > Warehouse Management > Interfaces > Shipping > Define Shipping Control - Shipping Control per Warehouse Number (V_T340DC-KOMTK)

In this case you can pick the goods from the storage bins in which you have the stock (goods will moved to storage type 916 when creating the transfer order) and after GI goods will be consumed from interim storage type 916.

If you want to issue goods w/o previous picking than you have to go to development (if you can solve it via development) - in standard system it is not possible.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your inputs.

Fixed bin is not used in material master.

Transfer order & picking is also used.

Also same is already defined in Config (SPRO > LE > Warehouse Management > Interfaces > Shipping > Define Shipping Control - Shipping Control per Warehouse Number (V_T340DC-KOMTK) as mentioned by you.

I just want to know is this possible to issue goods from more than one bin as material "X" is in different Bins. I mean while creating outbound delivery or at the time of PGI.

It is taking in sequence as defined in configuration the first BIN-1 but my outbound delivery stock is more than BIN-1, then it should also consider BIN-2 for example.

Appreciate your further inputs on this.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is so, your message is misleading.

When i am issuing (PGI), stock is taken/decreased from BIN-A only and BIN-A show negative -40.

You are stating that when you post GI the stock is decreased in the (normal) storage bin. But it is not true. If you do picking the stock is moved from the storage bin to an interim storage typedynamic bin (916dynamic bin) and it is reduced from there and not from the "normal" storage bin.

So, your description is not correct.

My questions:

- Is negative stock allowed in the storage type where BIN-A, BIN-1

SPRO > LE > WM > Master Data > Define Storage Type (V_T3010-NEGAT)

- what is your stock removal strategy?

SPRO > LE > WM > Master Data > Define Storage Type (V_T3010-STAUS)

- is there any user exit in use?

Thanks,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

Thanks for the inputs & problem was due to user exit.

Answers (0)