cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Can Pull

Former Member
0 Kudos

R/3 <--> XI <----> Supplier Network

When the supplier Network wants to send some documents to our R/3 System, they are going to Place those documents in the Supplier Network Mailbox.

Then XI need to PULL the information from SUpplier Network Mailbox.

If there is any to acheive the above point?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Rohini,

Is Mail Sender Adapter will suite here ? Just check this ..

Mail Adapter-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/23/c093409c663228e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Also check this thread-

Regards,

Moorthy

Message was edited by: Krishna Moorthy P

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If supplier network is going to place some files in a specified directory then you can configure file adapter on the XI side to read the files at regular intervals.

Once the data is received, it can make a call to R/3 via RFC or IDOC or PROXY ( >= WAS 6.40).

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna and RaviKumar.

I want to agree with Ravikumar solution. Our Supplier Network is going to place all the incoming documents and as Ravi said I need to poll this box on periodically to bring the data and then post them into R/3.

Thanks Ravi. If there is any blog that narrates the security constratints for the above scenario?

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just give some hints-

Are you talking about Document access/security settings from XI right ?

Option1: Your these documents will be placed in the some folder in XI box itself. If so , XI can pick these with NFS protocol and process it. In order to do that, your Supplier Network should have access to put these files into one of the folder in the xi server. For this either you can make sure that Supplier Network is FTPing the file with Secured way..

Option2: using FTPS ie. FTP protocol using SSL . with this you can connect to SUpplier Network folder.

For this you need to set up SAP Java Cryptographic Toolkit.

I think, probably Second option is feasible in your case

For more-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/frameset.htm

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna. The documents I mentioned are for example Advance Shipping Notice, Invoice, etc.

So what I have understood here is my SupplierNetwork is going to place the above mentioned documents in box which will be outside our DMZ and then a script needs to run to bring the documents from the outside box to the inside the Firewall box. Then XI is going to pick them up for further processing.

Sorry for the confusion Krishna.

Have a nice day.