cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item categories in shipment cost document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a problem with creation of shipment cost documents. I have maintained two shipment cost item categories, one for ship to warehouse and one for ship to customer. Problem is that when creating the shipment cost document, both item categories appear. Item category Z001 and Z002. Z001 has correct price, Z002 will have 0 value. Any ways that I can stop Z001/Z002 from appearing when it has a 0 value?

Thanks,

Jimmy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can consider having separate type of shipment costs. Each would have item categories assigned to them and only the relevant one would appear in the shipment cost.

Review the configuration under Logistics Execution/ Transportation/ Shipment Costs/ Shipment cost document. Look at each of the configuration steps within and make adjustments as necessary.

It may also be necessary for a new shipment type that would then be assigned the shipment cost type.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have serious doubts whether such setting would exist in standard system... So, what you can do is to solve it via developments:

SPRO > LE > Transportation > System Modifications > User Exits For Transportation

SPRO > LE > Transportation > System Modifications > Business Add-Ins in Transportation

'

Please check help for these customizing nodes.

(Maybe "BADI_SCD_SAVE"?)

However, maybe it would be worth considering whether you really needs two item categories.

Please also check what SAP help says for SPRO > LE > Transportation > Shipment Cost > Shipment Cost Document > Shipment Cost Types and Item Categories

You can, for example, create several items for a shipment stage per cost type. You may wish to do this if you want to post the basic freight and a surcharge for the stage to different G/L accounts. If you need to post to several accounts for one cost type, you can specify several item categories in this table for the shipment cost typeand the cost type.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, happy new year and thanks alot for helping.

My problem is that I need to post the costs to two different GL accounts. I only found item categories to control this.

Do you know any other way of having it post to different GL accounts, other than item category?

Reason being for outbound shipment costing, I have two scenarios. Freight to customer and freight to warehouse. These needs

to appear on different accounts.

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Jimmy

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

If you use different item categories because you want to determine different G/L accounts then I think you follow standard concept.

If you want to get rid of shipment cost items of zero value, you can use development as I told you before (as per my best knowledge / I'm not aware of any standard setting through which you could achieve this).

Have a successful year in 2010,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jan 5, 2010 7:56 AM

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jan 5, 2010 7:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's what I feared as well. Probably need to utilize the user exit on save of shipment cost document.

Thanks alot for your help anyway.

Much appreciated.

Jimmy