cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we create 2 inspection lots at the time of goods receipt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Can we create two inspection lots at the time of goods receipt from vendor.I will assign two inspection types in material master

suppose 01,02.Both are releated to goods receipt.For one inspection lot when we take usage decision stock should not post into usage decision.for other inspection lot stock has to be posted.Is this possible?if possible how to do configuration?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shwetha

You can do this by assigning 2 operations in the inspection plan. In one operation you can assign the common list and other operation with the material specific checks. I think this is the only option

But anyway please check this link, it might help you

Link: []

Regards

Gajesh

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No not possible that I am aware of. You might want to consider using two different operations with different workcenters if you want to have two different groups doing parts of the inspection.

Craig

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shwetha

What is the business requirement of having 2 inspection lot. Please explain

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

I am planning to have a two inspection plans for one material.

1. one inspection plan contains check list of the material.almost all the materials have the same check list.So i want create one inspection plan(material check list) for one material and will assign all the materials to that plan.

2. second inspection plan is as usual it is for analysis and this is different for different materials.

These two inspection plans has to be assigned to two inspection lots.Two inspection plans has to be created at the time of goods receipt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Instead of two inspection lots ,I think one inspection lot you can creat Automatically with task list say analysis (as this is different for different materials)

Then create one manual inspection lot in QA01 with common tak list attached to it.

You may use 01for automatic creation & 0130 for manual creation.

I hope this will add some thought

Regards

sujit

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think I made this recommendation in a previous post concerning this but this is exactly what reference operation sets are created for.

Create the reference operation set for the characteristics that are used for all the materials. You create this once.

When you create the sepcific plan for the individual materials, you include the reference operation as one of the operations, (probably the first one in your case). You don't have to add characteristics, modify or change it. All the characeristics and settings come from the reference operation. If you need to make a change you edit the reference operation and make the change once. The change is immediately seen in all newly created inspection lots.

In a second operation of the plan, you add the characteristics specific to the material.

You can add different workcenters to the operations if you want. That way you can set up security on the workcenters and control who can record results against which operations.

Aside from creating lots manually, you can't create two lots at the same time from the same GR.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

I have created reference characteristic using QS21 and i have used this MIC in one material inspection plan(QP01).How it will work in my scenario.I didnot get you clearly. Please can u explain me in detail.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your material plan you should create a second operation with the characteristics specific to the material. So you should have two operations in your inspection plan. One being the reference operation, and one being the material specifc characteristics.

The inspeciton lot gets created just like any other inspection lot. You do a GR and the lot is created.

The person responsible for doing the generic material check, (i.e. the first operation), go in and enter their results. (The workcenters cna be used to control security).

Then the people responsible for doing the material specific testing, (a laboratory?), record their results in the second operation. Again, you can use the workcenter to limit this to the laboratory people.

Once both are done, a UD is made.

Craig