SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSW for metric ton

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

my current system ECC6.2 does change Metric ton unit when we perfrom LVCC via tcode O4NA. Is this a normal behaviour for SAP that do not change the Mass unit for BSW. In one of SAP documentations, it specify that BSW is only for volumen correction not for Mass.

Plus can you tell me whether in your company you do correct the Mass unit qty when BSW% fields is being maintained in the O3DEFAULTS.

cheers

-kamal

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Shell they do as per what SAP has mentioned, no change in MT/TO when BSW changes.

Bharat, Aramco, Pertamina seems the other way, allowing changes of Mass unit when BSW changes.

0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

I am trying to learn SAP IS OIL business processes. Would you be able to share some IS OIL business process docs...

Thanks

BOB

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends on the L15 calculated qty based on the L obs from strapping table. The table ASTM 52 is beng used to determine the BSW correction to determine the L15. As a result, L15 is change and MT will also change.

In this case, BSW does not change the MT. BSW changes the L15 that later on changes the MT.

SO it really depends how you setup your system. From standard SAP perspective, the transction qty (let say volume L15) if you enter the BSW percentage, it will not change the MT. If you enhance the qty conversion logic to do L change L15 and change MT, the BSW will change L15 later on change MT.

cheers