Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

action using submit by email button

vipin_v2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently working on a requirement in which i need to display the interactive form intially and user fills up this form and on click of a button, the whole interactive form should get mailed to a particular mail group and simuntaneously filled in data should get saved in the backend table.

For sending the whole pdf via mail, i have taken submit by email button and have changed it' s type to submit and Control Type to Submit and am able to send this filled in interactive form to a mail group. The problem here is with saving the data to backend table.

Is it possible to perform another action (even like priting a message on the screen) by submit by email button apart from sending the interactive form via mail ?

If yes then kindly let me know how to implement the same.

Thanks In Advance,

Vipin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182468
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Please check the following -

hope this helps.

thanks,

sahiba

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vipin_v2
Participant
0 Kudos

closing.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

YES it is possible. Since you are working on offline form and you want data to be saved in backend and emailing of form at same time here is what you will need to do.

1. Create a WS from your BAPI which updates the SAP backend.

2. Use the WSDL and create a data connection in your Adobe application.

3. Drag the submit button from the connection and make the submit button invisble by writing the following JavaScript code in form:ready event of the top level main subform.

Submit1.presence = "hidden";    // Submit1 is name of my submit button 

5. Now in the click event of the SubmitByEmail button enter following code in JavaScript

Submit1.execEvent("click");  // This will fire click event of the submit button which should update SAP. 

Chintan