cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

After i enter the necessary values and save my application ( on click of save) it takes a lot of time to give a message whether be it a success or a failure message could you please tell me how can i measure the performance and improve the same.

Thanking you in advance/-

Tamanna K .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tamanna,

The transaction to measure is st05.

You can have larger extent of info when you run this tx.

You cab also use SE30 if you want to check abap program performance.

best regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit !!

but how will i see the trace of Web dynpro component ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

before you start doing the analysis for the webdynpro application...if you are doing any service call....try to do the analysis for that particular bapi....if that function module is running good and not taking too much time....OR if you are using an assistance class then try to see if that particular class is taking up your time....

****************************************************************************************************************************

you can do the trace for your webdynpro application as follows:

1) go to your webdynpro component select your application

2) select "goto" from the top....which is right besides "edit" option

3) inside the "goto" option select "HTTP Service Maintenance"

4) now you are in "Maintain Service" Screen...

5) select your service....which is your webdynpro application....((((((((make sure you select your applcation)))))))))....

6) now select "edit" menu from top which is right besides "Service/Host"

7) now select "Runtime Analysis" and than "Activate"

😎 you will be given a pop-up window....this window will have "User-dependent" check box checked...leave the way it is....

also it has the "validity Period" which is 5 mins (mine was 5 mins)...you can change this validity period depending on your requirement....but I guess 5 mins is good....it worked for me...I was able to run my complete cycle with in 5 mins....

9) Other thing to notice is a dropdown menu: which says" Composite Entries" processing....in the help link below they are recommending that you should use single entries....but I used composite entries and was able to do the analysis as well...try to do the analysis with both and see the difference....

10) leave everything as default, now click on "Activate button"

11) now run your application

12) after finish running your application...go to transaction SE30...

13) now click on "other file" button

14) a popup will appear click continue on this....means click on the green tick mark....

15)now you can select your "report name" by selecting the check mark for that row, and hit analyze button....this will open up the runtime analysis evaluation for your application...just want to mention that i selected the "composite entries" in the prior step...so i had only one entry under the report name....in this window...but if you select the "single entries" processing option...you might see many entries with the same report name (report name---is your wda application).....

16) if you set your validity period to be more than 5 mins....make sure you deactivate your trace...by going back to "Maintenance Service" screen...as described in steps 1 to 7....

here is a quick link for your further analysis....

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/46/f7cc6bd1b3537ee10000000a1553f6/content.htm

hope this helps...

AS...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you loads

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Refer this : (answer by thomas)