cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV in abap wendynpro is not getting refreshed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am creating a ALV report in ABAP WebDynPro.

I have been successfully able to create the report.

But my problem is after first population of the data in the alv, if i chnage the selection criteria and again execute the report my context is getting loaded with new set of data but the alv is not refelecting the same.

The ALV is not refreshing with the new set of data.

Kindly help ASAP.

Thanks and Regards,

Nuzhat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

phanir_mullapudi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, apart from all other suggestions by colleagues, also change the View property of the view containing ALV to "when visible" in the Properties of View.

thanks,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a bug in the ALV functionality. Check OSS notes 1318988 and 1319829. They should fix the problem (if you have a similar problem that I did).

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Karri is right, there was a problem in ALV refresh which was fixed by ALV Developer Colleagues later.

Maybe in ur system related patch is not installed.

Refer to the note mentioned by Karri.

Regards

Manas Dua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karri,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I also too believe its some sort of alv bug.

But may i know what kind of problem u had.

Becoz the symtoms mentioned in the notes do not match mine.

Mine gives no error or dump, but only after furst binding the data is not getting refreshed.

Thanks and Regards,

Nuzhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I understand your explanation correctly, I had exactly the same problem as you did. The ALV was correct at first, but as soon as you executed the search for second time, the old data remained in the ALV - altough the context was populated correctly with the new data.

You simple cannot fix this by yourself or with any trick (I tried few), because it is broken. I know the notes do not really say that they would fix this problem, but they did. I asked about this problem from SAP, and these were the notes that they said I should implement. Basically in our case the ALV was working, but after implementing few support packages, it started to behave in the way you described. After the notes, it started to work again.

You might have a really frustrating job ahead of you, if you try to fix something that you cannot fix. (Of course it still might be that you are having a bug in your own WD component.)

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could fox the problem myself.

Thanks to all of you for your valuable time.

Thanks and Regards,

Nuzhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How did you fix this. Can you please share.

Rgds

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudhanshu, just take a look here:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you bind the same context node to your ALV "data" node? On your left hand side...under your component name....go to "component usage" this is right under views and window options.....open the "component usage"....double click on the INTERFACECONTROLLER_USAGE....than selec the DATA node....and than check the "mapping path" right at the bottom of the screen....see where this "data" node is getting its value.....

because if you context node is getting the new values....and if your ALV DATA node is bind to this context node....display should get refreshed....

pls explain more if you bind the same context node to alv "data" node or not?

thanks...

AS...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Nuzhat,

Bind table to context node in WDDOMODIFYVIEW method. not in WDDOINIT.

regards,

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It may be not the direct reply to your question but a suggestion, for reporting through ALV, you should use POWL.

Its a SAP Standard way how the reporting should be done.

best regards,

Rohit

saket_abhyankar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

On search method, refresh the context then fetch the data based on the selection criterion and then set the new data to context using method bind_table. The key is to make latest data available in the context.

Regards,

Saket.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u please help me how to refresh the context node.

I know how to empty the node by invalidate only.

But if i am using invalidate method nothing is getting populated.

may be its effecting the node binding of my component to the ALV Interface Controller DATA node.

Regards,

Nuzhat