cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MI Client asking for "Reset Client" after synchronization

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have MI Client 7.0 SP14. One of my MI Applications is facing some issues while synchronizing it with the MI Server.

On the first attempt to synchronize, the MI client downloads all the relevant data without any errors or hiccups. However if we were to synchronize the MI client once again, it throws an error "Inconsistent data. Please reset client".

Please note that this happens without us modifying any data in the syncBO.

When we set the trace level to INFORMATION, and view the logs, we find that the data which has already been downloaded by the MI Client, is sought to be downloaded again. And due to that it fails throwing a SQL error, duplicate records. This is happening for a particular syncBO, of type S01, which has a get list, get details and update bapi.

Now as per my understanding of MI, once data is downloaded to the MI client, the same data should not be sent again to the client, unless and until the update bapi gets executed. In this case the update bapi is not executed. We are just trying to synchronize the MI client over and over again, without modifying any data in the SyncBO,

Why is the MI Client attempting to download the data which it already has ? Also how do we prevent it from happening ?

Our Application uses DB2 9.1.2E, embedded database, as persistence.

Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found the culprit. It looks that the key of one of the items was getting repeated. Fixed that problem, and the issue got resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello AmardeepVerma ,

What is the Application data that you are trying to downlaod to your handheld?????

Thanks,

Greetson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the late response. I was away for the new year celebration.

I am trying to download data from Plant Maintenance. The backend is a R/3 System.

gopal_jee
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Amardeep,

There could be many scenarios in which you get this duplicate record error which you are getting now. My suggestion is to check the MEREP_MON and find out the reason of error.

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In merep_mon there are messages in I-finished queue. But in the O-Sent and O-Waiting queue there are some messages in "W". i.e. Waiting, state. When I click on the log or data for these messages, I am able to see all the data that the MI-Server is trying to send to the MI-Client. Data which is already present on the MI-Client.

I am unable to determine why is this data being sent all over again to the MI-Client. According to what I know, once the MI-Client has downloaded a set of data, it should not attempt to download the same data again. But that is what is occurring.

I need to know why this is occurring ? And how to prevent it from happening ?