cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE Server down

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I am with a very serious problem in the project. Frequent I try to open URL http:///rep using my Internet Explorer browser and I saw a message "the page can not be displayed" because part JAVA of the XIP down.

When this occurs, I enter in transaction SXMB_MONI and I saw messages with status scheduled for outbound processing with the black arrow.

At the moment, to resolve this issue, I use tcode SMICM for restart J2ee server. Every day I used this procedure.

What can I do to my enviroment get consistence and I can stop to use tcode SMICM?

Regards,

Sérgio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

Please apply 803145 note number.

Regards

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hola Sergio,

there are some common reasons for the J2EE Engine to go down on XI systems where the most common one is a misconfiguration of the JVM parameters of the J2EE Engine. These values have to be adjusted on each J2EE Engine after the default installation as the default values set during the installation are not recommended for XI.

The following notes might be helpful when analyziing the problem:

724452 Central Note for SAP J2EE Engine 6.30/6.40

709140 Recommended JDK and VM Settings for the WebAS630/640/7.0

723909 Java VM settings for J2EE 6.30/6.40/7.0

764417 Information for troubleshooting of the SAP J2EE Engine 6.40

Regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

next time when your server is down, make a note of the time of restart, and go to the logviewer -> server -> default.trc file and check the log. This might explain better why your server is going down.

Since this is a XIP problem, I would open a Very High Priority OSS message and get it fixed from SAP, rather than a restart.

Regards

Shravan