cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sneak Preview - problems getting BAPI into VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I installed Full Java Edition 2004s Release SAP NetWeaver 04s SP7 on Windows XP SP2 to test Visual Composer.

First I defined an R/3 System (4.6 C) in portal and did the user mapping for this system. For testing the connection to R/3 with the WinGUI I generated an iView. Using this iView to logon via SSO to the R/3 system with the mapped user-id and password worked fine.

Next step was to try out the bank example in Visual Composer. When seraching for bapis in the defined R/3 system Visual Composer got connection problems.

In R/3 system's log I found the request of Visual Composer. My user-id was transfered well but the password apparently wasn't. The errormessage in the log said, that there are problems with user-id or password.

After spending a lot of time with solving this problem by myself unsuccessfully I post this message and hope that anybody can help.

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

Hi Deepak,

Did all steps in portal and visual composer with the Administrator account. Left R/3 system untouched.

Result: Everything works fine now.

Thanks for your hints.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Does the R/3 user you are using for SSO has the authority to access the required BAPI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

The R/3 user I'm using for SSO owns the roles SAP_ALL & SAP_NEW. As far as I can gather no more authority within a R/3 system is possible.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Please make sure you followed the steps below, as I faced similar problem, for accessing R/3 System Alias and BAPI's ofcourse on Visual Composer.

a. <b>Create a system alias from Administrator Login credentials on Portal (assume, you have done the same).</b>

b. Usermapping done for the System Alias with proper R/3 login credentials.

c. Now try to access the system alias created by reloging to VC and search for BAPI's.

For the query that you have posted, hopefully this should solve your problem.