SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS RETAIL ACTICAL CATALOG (PRODUCT CATALOG)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

I am very much new to IS RETAIL.

I wanted to create poduct catalog in IS retail , so can any one please guide me the steps or can anybody provide me the any confg doc regarding artical catalog which is same as product catalog.

Thankyou

SHIKHAR ARORA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you are new to retail - look at this below document to understand what is retail

http://www.sap.com/industries/consumer/pdf/50029408.pdf

SAP Retail Product Catalog

To arrange your merchandise in groups and create different hierarchies. This makes your Online Store clear and easy to use.

Online Store is basically an extension of the SAP Retail system and its Product Catalog. The advantages of linking the two systems so closely are clear:

The Product Catalog is available in several different country versions that support the language, currency, decimal point settings, and date and price formats of a variety of countries.

The Product Catalog is a database that stores and manages a wide range of data centrally, including texts and multimedia objects. This means you can re-use the Online Store data you have maintained in the database to produce a catalog on CD-ROM or in print.

WWM1 - Create product catalog and its linking to artilce

regards

satish

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you are new to retail - look at this below document to understand what is retail

http://www.sap.com/industries/consumer/pdf/50029408.pdf

SAP Retail Product Catalog

To arrange your merchandise in groups and create different hierarchies. This makes your Online Store clear and easy to use.

Online Store is basically an extension of the SAP Retail system and its Product Catalog. The advantages of linking the two systems so closely are clear:

The Product Catalog is available in several different country versions that support the language, currency, decimal point settings, and date and price formats of a variety of countries.

The Product Catalog is a database that stores and manages a wide range of data centrally, including texts and multimedia objects. This means you can re-use the Online Store data you have maintained in the database to produce a catalog on CD-ROM or in print.

WWM1 - Create product catalog and its linking to artilce

regards

satish

0 Kudos

thanx satish for replying...! I am actually a CRM consultant n wants to get some reatil exposure also..!

also please guide me how can i create product in retail..!

I guess then only i can customise those porducts into catalogs.

thanx

0 Kudos

Hi

Good to know you are from CRM background, i dont think much integration between CRM and Retail

Major implication from SD, MM, WM with Retail

Should have supply chain and sales knowledge to start up Retail.

anyhow Retail is very interesting, get it on........

Go through the following link for more on Retail

http://allian.uclv.net/saphelp/helpdata/EN/50/94f500470e11d1894a0000e8323352/frameset.htm

Building block library for retail

http://help.sap.com/bp_retailv1600/Retail_US/HTML/bb_scen_list.htm

In IS Retail Product called as Artilce where as in Material in other than rettail

Tcode - MM41 - Create Artilce

Retail is vast and deep, go throgh the documents.

regards

satish

0 Kudos

hi satish ,

I only wanted to know step by step pocess for creating a product..as per my requirement i only have to create product catalog in retail n then try n use that product in CRM..

so please guide me the path or steps in creating product only.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Use t-code MM41 to create an article.

you can create an Article only Basic data using only following fields.

Article Type - Select Any one

Mechendise Category - Select Any on using f4 help or create using t-code WG21

Article Category - Single Artcile.

Press enter, system will take u to basic data view. Fill in some mandatory fields using F4/F1 help and save.

However to use the article in true functional sense it will require a lot of more details on what you plan to do with it.

You will need other Master Data like Merchendise catergory, Purchase Org/Distibution channel, Sales Org, DC, Store etc etc. And customising settings for Article Type.

So you will have to read about it or ask a MM/ IS Retail guy to create this master data for you.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Barry