Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum Number of users in a "User Group" (SU01/Logon data/User Group)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

My security person recently approached me with a problem she has regarding user groups. She wants to assign user groups so that way division leaders/designees can handle password resets within their own area. To do this she has started using the "User Group" field in SU01/Logon data.

She's told me the maximum number of users she can add to a "User Group" is 30. Can anyone else confirm this? Is there a setting (profile or otherwise) to increase this limit? Any DSN or outside reading that anyone can refer me to on this matter?

Many thanks....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> She's told me the maximum number of users she can add to a "User Group" is 30. Can anyone else confirm this?

Nope, never heard of that. I suspect the maximum she runs into has to do with the amount of lines in the first screen of SU10. So she might mean she cannot add more than thirty in one go which is also not true.

5 REPLIES 5

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> She's told me the maximum number of users she can add to a "User Group" is 30. Can anyone else confirm this?

Nope, never heard of that. I suspect the maximum she runs into has to do with the amount of lines in the first screen of SU10. So she might mean she cannot add more than thirty in one go which is also not true.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a little green clip board icon on the bottom right corner...

Also take a look in transaction SUGR itself!

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

I am agree with you , but can any one of you please give the conclusion , whats the limit of users in a user group.

Prem

0 Kudos

I stopped counting at 2481152873203740000 users with the same user group. Not users in a user group, or a bucket, etc...

I think you will reach massive performance problems and the limits of the database before you reach any limit within SAP.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

> There is a little green clip board icon on the bottom right corner...

I only get that after hitting the Authorization data button in SU10 and the the Multiple selection button next to the user. Ow, and it's not green, the upload from textfile button is

By the way, hitting F4 on a user input field in SU10 will also provide you with the possibility to select more than 30 users in one go.

Edited by: Jurjen Heeck on Dec 29, 2009 12:08 PM