cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity Consumption in SNP planning book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can anyone explain what drives the calculation of capacity consumption KF in the planning book.

Here is the example.

1) I have a Resource whose SNP bucket capacity of 90,000/Hr = 450000/Wk

2) I created a PP/DS PPM for one product from ECC and then converted it to a SNP PPM

3) There was no resource assignment in the SNP PPM. I then manaully assigned the resource (in step 1) to the PPM.

4) The material consumption on the SNP PPM is 37 per HR

5) The variable bucket consumption on the resource within the SNP PPM is 1 per hr.

Now I created a planned order of 4440 for the finished product in the SNP planning book manually (behind the scenes the heuristic run was carried out obviously).

On my capacity view, the values i see are:

Available capacity = 450000/Week (which is clear since its 90,000 * 5 days/week)

Capacity Conusmption = 6845

Resource capacity level in % = 1.521 (which is 6845/450000 * 100).

The only question is how is the Capacity Conusmption value populated by a value of 6845?

Please provide me your input gurus.

Thx,

Vishy

The idea is to create oneresource and assign it to multiple SNP PPMs so that the capacity situation on this resource for various products could be analysed.)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

HKS
Explorer
0 Kudos

DEAR GURUS,

*There is a question regarding the resoucre consumptions relevant to PDS in SNP,*

****The inputs are:****

****1) Base Qty= 7700 TH****

****2) Set Up =45 MIN****

****Resource consumed by operation activity is 112 207 seconds = 31,17 hours.****

****Unfortunately we didnu2019t understand how this figure is calculated.****

****Can you please help us in this****

thamizhchelvan_gunasekara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take this scenario

PPM output variable is 20

variable consumption is 6 Hr and Fixed consumption is 10 Hr SNP planned order is 100 ,Then capacity consumption is 40 Hr (100/20*6+10)

Thanks and regards

Thamizhchelvan G

thamizhchelvan_gunasekara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take this scenario

PPM output variable is 20

variable consumption is 6 Hr and Fixed consumption is 10 Hr SNP planned order is 100 ,Then capacity consumption is 40 Hr (100/20*6+10)

Thanks and regards

Thamizhchelvan G

Former Member
0 Kudos

the capacity consumption will be

(Total quantity(4440) / base unit of output product in PPM) * variable time defined in PPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendar,

Thanks for the response. The calculation is working as you mentioned except an additional step.

You mentioned Capacity Calculation = Total quantity(4440) / base unit of output product in PPM) * variable time defined in PPM.

The way its working for me is:

Capacity Calculation = Total quantity(4440) /( base unit of output product in PPM * 24 Hours) * variable time defined in PPM

I am not sure why and where from its picking the 24 Hours.

Regards