cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain Fiscal Year Variants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have fiscal year variant for a weekly bucket profile. But now we need to change the periods.

Ex: Actual

Month Day Period

1 8 1

Future:

Month Day Period

1 9 1

to Maintain FY variant we need to change this periods in

SPRO > Supply chain planning> SNP>basic settings>Maintain Fiscal year variants

We only want this change to happen in the begining of next year. At the time we do this, do we have also to Initialize Planning Area and load again infocubes and PA with historical data?

Thanks,

Teresa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

If You change the fiscal year varaint without deinitializing the planning area system will create inconsistency in livecache.If you change the fiscal calendar, the time series need to be reinitalized in order to make the changes also known in the livecache.

Here are recommended steps to change fiscal year varaint:

1.) Backup the planning area into an infocube

2.) de-initalize the planning area

3.) change the calendar

4.) initialize the planning area

5.) Reload the data from the backup-cube.

Hope this will helps you.

Regards,

Sunitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunitha,

thanks for your answer. I've done some tests in developemnt system but I could not do the step 5 - Reload PA from the backup cube because the Fiscal year variant is a time caracteristic in backup cube so it gives me an error in loading.

Changes were made to fiscal year in PA, so it can not load again to PA with fiscal year of backup because the value of this caracteristic is now changed.

Do you now if there is something we can do?

Regards,

Teresa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

I tackled a similar issue, by the following manner.

APO allows the change in periodicities without de-activation of planning area.

Go to the following table in APO : /SAPAPO/SDPTSTR

You can directly make the changes to the Storage bucket profile and change the Fiscal Year Variant used.

Run cosistency check reports for Time series

We did the same and did not encounter any loss of data.

However while doing the entire change myself we had a backup cube ready with all data, but never needed to use it

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards

Ankur Shrivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Teresa,

Few things

1) Infocube data will be unaffected by a Fiscal variant change.

2) To minimize the impact, de-initialize time series only for the affected period.

3) I am not sure if you have a backup cube model currently in place for your planning areas, if yes make a backup from plng area to your backup infocube and restore after you make the changes.

if no, I would recommend that you create one since creating one is simple from Data Extraction Tools in your Planning area.

4) Once you backup the data, here are the steps

a) make your fiscal variant changes on your development box.

b) Deinitialize the affected time Series in ur destination environment.

c) Move your fiscal changes to ur destination environment whereever you need it

d) Reinitialize your time series for affected periods.

e) Restore data from backup cube into planning area.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

I've found this situations:

- backup cube and historical data cube are affected because fiscal year is a time caracteristic in both cubes. Historical data I can reload from BW but the backup cube I can not, so I think I have to loose all data

- How can I de-initialize time series just for one period? Because there is no selection data... I must delete all, is there any other way besides tcode /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN?

Regards,

Teresa Lopes

former_member721730
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

You wouldn't loss the historical data by changing the Fiscal year variant of Future week. But You may face in the planning book after changing the fiscal year variant.

Already in the Second week of 2010 quantity would have been loaded in the planning area with 9th quantity. When you change the date to first week, quantity of 9th would reflect in the first and second week.

After the fiscal year variant change initialize the planning area and reset (0) the first two weeks of data which key figures are loaded from cube to planning book using a marco and reload the data from the cube as usual.

Hope it will helpful. Please reply once the issue resolved.

Thanks,

Saravanan V

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Teresa

Yes you have to initialize the P.A after changing the fiscal year variant .

Thans

Saradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

so we are going to loose all data in this PA?