cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile parameter for BTC ignored.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This weekend, we ended up restoring some production systems. Becuase we did not want any background to run once the systems came up we changed the btc parm to "rdisp/wp_no_btc = 0 ". As we know, this should bring up the system without any background processes. This change was made on the instace level profile, and we checked for duplicate entries. After the PIT restore, SAP was brought up. However the same number of BGD processes were still active on the system. A look at RZ11 shows that the profile is set to 0 for all three categories.

The system in question are the BI system and the SCM system.

BI is on EhP1 andSCM is on 5.0.

The BI system is a muliti instance system, and the CI was changed to have BTC=0 and was brought up alone

SCM is a singe instance system.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards,

Dan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Double-check your op-modes in RZ04 and make sure that you're not invoking one that has btc's in it. One other option may be to use RZ04 to invoke an op-mode that has no batch work processes assigned.

Hope that is helpful.

J. Haynes

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, but not exactly what I was asking.

To clarify.

I want to bring up the system with no background process. As you know when the system comes up the table TBTCS is searched for any dates in the past and those jobs that are found are scheduled. To this end, we set the profile parm

rdisp/wp_no_btc =0. However when the systems came up the original number of background processes were crearted. More perplexing is that looking at the parm in RZ11 shows the values for PROFILE, DEFAULT and CURRENT all set to 0.

So why did the system come up with BGD processes.

Regards,

Dan

peter_dzurov
Contributor
0 Kudos

For no bgd processing we also used to set parameter rdisp/btctime=0 in instance profile.

btw. in which profile have you done mentioned parameter settings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

I have one sugesstion.

Open profile (instance) at OS level where you have defined BGD process to 0, just put '#' (without quots) in front of this entry

for example #rdisp/wp_no_btc = 0. Then,

logon your SAP system

goto transaction RZ10

Choose Utilities->Import profiles->Of active servers

This basically imports the latest profiles into your system.

I hope this fix your system.

Regards

Sekhar