cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we edit SOAP Header for an Outbound ABAP Proxy message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we add some information such as dynamic configuration to the SOAP header for the outbound ABAP Proxy from ABAP report in SAP Application System?

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen, have you found soulution for this? Can you share it with me?

From here http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/d6/49543b1e49bc1fe10000000a114084/content.htm

The help described that:

Set logging in the message header. This means that this message is logged even if logging is deactivated explicitly in the configuration. The logging information is part of the message header:

¡ <SAP:Logging>1</SAP:Logging>

Activates logging explicitly.

¡ <SAP:Logging>0</SAP:Logging>

Deactivates logging explicitly.

So it means that we can edit SOAP header for outbound ABAP proxy. But i haven't find the correct method to do that.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any Updates Here..............

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ABAP & XI/PI Experts any help here....................

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, dynamic configuration is not supported with ABAP or Java proxies.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your reply. I guess we can read dynamic configuration Header in ABAP server proxy. This I read some where.

If this is correct, then can we create a custom dynamic header before calling ABAP client proxy from ABAP report from application system.

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> If this is correct, then can we create a custom dynamic header before calling ABAP client proxy from ABAP report from application system.

Why you do not simply add a field to interface structure?

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Stefan,

Ya, this can be done by adding an extra field to the message structure. In fact, I have done in the same way long back.

Just yesterday, I am seeing unanswered questions in my control panel, hence thought of asking forum experts if any possibility.

I am interested in this, since if this is possible with dynamic configuration the efforts will be only on ABAP proxy client side. Only a mapping change to read the dynamic configuration for further manipulation.

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am interested in this, since if this is possible with dynamic configuration the efforts will be only on ABAP proxy client side. Only a mapping change to read the dynamic configuration for further manipulation.

Besides that I do not see any advantage here, as adding a field to structure would not be more work as changing the ABAP proxy code and the mapping, I do not think that it is a good idea to send business data with header fields. That is not what they are made for.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>I do not think that it is a good idea to send business data with header fields. That is not what they are made for.

I too agree. But in our requirement we thought of inserting the Dynamic Configuration header for FileName and on the ABAP proxy side chunking concept is being used since data volumes are high for a given site.

Scenraio: ABAP Proxy to File (Multiple sites)

Experts any solution for this....................

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti.

Edited by: Praveen Gujjeti on Mar 16, 2010 2:19 PM

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I guess we can read dynamic configuration Header in ABAP server proxy. This I read some where.

If you find the source of this information, let me know.